More videos, please!

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Bryan T

More videos, please!

Post by Bryan T » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:47 pm

I'd love to see a video walk-through of the guitar, showing off what each of the controls do. In particular, I would like to hear the effect of changing the harmonic blend while sustaining a chord. Bonus points if you use a sample and hold CV input to change the harmonic blend setting.

I'm really excited by the guitar and can't wait for a less expensive version to come to market.

Bryan

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 am

I second that excitement :D :D !!!

It would be much more informative to have a more detailed video, however I don't expect Moog to make one as they haven't for any other products - at least that extends beyond what you read in the manual.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:11 am

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=6853

this thing is absolutely amazing!! acoustic/electric, harmonic blending, switchable lowpass filter/tone control/envelope follower, the intelligent sustain!!!!! i havent been excited about guitars in a long time and this has done it. some way, some how i will own this guitar. probably many years down the line but i will own it :twisted:

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:25 am

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:34 am

Too cool. I'm glad to see/hear the different modes in action.

Bryan

trixielaines

Post by trixielaines » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:51 pm

yah dude congrats.. me too in the near future. i can own the most expensive kind of guitar... lol

Punkai Music Rockz - www.Punkai.com

vanceg

Re: More videos, please!

Post by vanceg » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:48 am

Bryan T wrote:I'd love to see a video walk-through of the guitar, showing off what each of the controls do. In particular, I would like to hear the effect of changing the harmonic blend while sustaining a chord. Bonus points if you use a sample and hold CV input to change the harmonic blend setting.

I'm really excited by the guitar and can't wait for a less expensive version to come to market.

Bryan
I'm working on it now. I hope to have a whole series up....I just took delivery of the E1 and I hope to have some videos created by the end of the week...but don't quote me on that timeline ;-)

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:33 am

vanceg wrote:...don't quote me on that...
D'oh!

[I suppose I could've just clicked on "Watch this topic for replies", but what fun is that?!!]

vanceg

Post by vanceg » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:37 pm

3v3+Z wrote:
vanceg wrote:...don't quote me on that...
D'oh!

[I suppose I could've just clicked on "Watch this topic for replies", but what fun is that?!!]
Well, I didn't mean the week that was ending just hours after I posted ;-)
Gimmie a break - I just received a new guitar - A guy has the right to get carried away and play all day and night; doesn't he?

Seriously though, I'll pop up at least a video demo of the Harmonic Balance being shifted with the pedal very soon here.

Vance

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Sorry, Vance. I was just trying to be silly. (I wanted to watch this topic for replies so that I, too, could see new Moog guitar videos, whenever they might emerge. Hence my previous parenthetical comment.)

vanceg

Post by vanceg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 am

3v3+Z wrote:Sorry, Vance. I was just trying to be silly. (I wanted to watch this topic for replies so that I, too, could see new Moog guitar videos, whenever they might emerge. Hence my previous parenthetical comment.)
I understand - No worries ;-)

I did produce the video tonight, but I'm not going to post it because I'm just not happy with the sound. I'm awaiting a new camera which will allow me to use direct line ins rather than microphones so....Hold Tight!

Until soon (honest!)

Vance

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:08 am

Thank you, sir! Glad we cleared that up!

vanceg

Post by vanceg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Bryan T,

It took a while, but here is your video ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVrhfi3iImM

I think next time I might skip all the introduction and explanation (just do text overlay instead).

I'm sorry I didn't have a CV source available - as you might notice from the video, the studio is a little taken apart at the moment.

I hope you enjoy. If you (anyone) has other specific requests of features you would like to see in action, please do let me know. I'd really like to be shooting more video of this sort and evolving that craft.

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Very cool, Vance. Well done.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Vance,

That's awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do this. A well thought-out demo that shows the capabilities and limitations of that aspect of the guitar.

Bryan

P.S. I did finally get my hands on a Moog guitar and loved it.