Paul Vo Collectors Edition heat issue

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
atlas

Paul Vo Collectors Edition heat issue

Post by atlas » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi Moog community, I am a new Paul Vo guitar owner and I have noticed with the Vo Power is one the back of the guitar heats up and gets pretty hot. I was curious if this is normal and if anyone else has experienced this when playing theirs. Also if this is an issue what was causing it and how did it get fixed? I attached an image with the area it gets hot in a red box, thanks everyone!

jorsh

Re: Paul Vo Collectors Edition heat issue

Post by jorsh » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Hey fellow Moog guitarist! I do not have the Paul Vo Collector's Edition, just the plain butterscotch E-1, but it also gets hot in back. I have used it for long periods of time and haven't had an issue with it yet, but only got it last April and previous to that the original owner hardly played it so I dunno if the heat can be of any internal consequence (it is pretty hot to the touch). Such a great playable guitar in my opinion, I play mine all the time. I hope your Paul Vo Edition is even better!

atlas

Re: Paul Vo Collectors Edition heat issue

Post by atlas » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:31 am

thanks for the reply @jorsh good to hear it's not just mine that gets hot when vo power is on. I wonder though, why didn't moog think this was a problem. I can't have the vo power on for more than a few minutes with out the back getting hot to the touch. Maybe this feature wasn't intended to be used a lot but for 5k I'd imagine this issue would of been addressed :/