Strange problem with my Moog Guitar, appreciate any help.

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Imoogination

Strange problem with my Moog Guitar, appreciate any help.

Post by Imoogination » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 pm

The problem started suddenly, it wont pick up the G-string on any of the pickups. Vo power and piezo mode works fine though.
I just think its strange that it wont pick up that string but the rest works fine, piezo mode picks it up fine too, anybody have a clue about what could be wrong?

Im not in a nice life situation right now(to put it mildly), and sadly I need to sell the guitar but I dont think I can afford an expensive repair to sell it.
Proper shops are far away and it would be really hard/expensive to even get somebody who is hardly/not qualified to work on this kind of guitar.

I am at a loss here, appreciate any tips or help you might have.

Imoogination

Re: Strange problem with my Moog Guitar, appreciate any help

Post by Imoogination » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:46 pm

I appreciate your time and attention anyway. This is such a strange problem that I hope somebody from Moog would be able to help.

The main issue is that the G-string does not pick up under any circumstance except the piezo mode.

Thanks for your time!

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Call Moog, they will be able to set you on the right track.

Stephen

Imoogination

Post by Imoogination » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:25 am

Calling Moog would be difficult since I am not in the US.

No, I still haven found out anything, still looking for answers.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:55 am

Still, calling Moog is your quickest route to finding an answer to the problem. Calling cards are cheap these days, and the Internet is rife with free workarounds.

Stephen

Imoogination

Post by Imoogination » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Yes, but it would still be hard to diagnose the problem and im still looking for solutions. Maybe I can find somebody from Moog to contact on email or something, or be contacted if they happen to read the forums.

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:02 am

Imoogination wrote:Yes, but it would still be hard to diagnose the problem and im still looking for solutions. Maybe I can find somebody from Moog to contact on email or something, or be contacted if they happen to read the forums.
Don't count on it. They may or may not still be doing support. Not saying they are abandoning all Moog Guitar service, but they are beyond busy with every thing else and the guitars are not their priority.

Your best bet may be to contact Paul Vo, the designer of the guitar and electronics. You can reach him through facebook or his own company VoInventions.

http://voinventions.com/

Your problem won't fix itself, and he is the one man who might be able to diagnose and solve the problem without even looking at the guitar.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Imoogination wrote:Yes, but it would still be hard to diagnose the problem and im still looking for solutions.
Easy to say it won't work. Almost as easy as just calling them. I had a Fooger that wasn't working fully, I called them and they diagnosed the problem over the phone. One IC later and I was back on the road so to speak. Best of all, the diagnosis was free and quick.

Stephen

Imoogination

Post by Imoogination » Sun May 15, 2016 4:40 pm

albert6720 wrote:Why not you check their official website hope you get a batter advice there because many people are talking about their Moog Guitar on their site as well.
I might just try that, thanks.

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Mon May 16, 2016 4:59 am

Ser
Imoogination wrote:
albert6720 wrote:Why not you check their official website hope you get a batter advice there because many people are talking about their Moog Guitar on their site as well.
I might just try that, thanks.
Paul Vo is your best bet. Shoot him an email. [email protected]