Moog E1 Problems

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
scottyengineer

Moog E1 Problems

Post by scottyengineer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Hey Guys,

I just got my hands on a used Moog E1 guitar. I have the 5 pin din connector plugged into the expression pedal, and then the pedal is going to a small fender solid state amplifier from the audio out 1/4' jack. I can't seem to get any sound out of the guitar while using the 5 pin, but it works great as a regular guitar with the 1/4" TS jack.

The 9v is brand new, so that can't be the problem. The power supply I have with the pedal is a 9v 1.2A power supply. The pedal calls for a 550mA power supply, but the guy at Guitar Center said the 1.2A should be fine.

What could I be doing wrong? The manual says after activating the guitar it should take 30 seconds for it to work. Is there a power button somewhere to activate it?

thanks!

Croyote

Re: Moog E1 Problems

Post by Croyote » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:32 am

Damn dude!

You need to contact Steve at Moog.

Just because the guy at GC tells you the power supply is correct does not mean he is right.

I don't presently own a Moog Guitar, but I did for many years. I know it doesn't run off such a power supply and you may have potentially fried it. It does have resistors and things in there so you may have just blown a fuse or the power supply may only be incompatible and it did nothing.

The 9v battery only powers the piezo pickup. It is not powerful enough to turn on the actual Moog pickups.

Probably the guitar itself is fine, but you might have blown the power supply in the control pedal. You can order one here, and it should come with the power supply. You can also just call and ask them about voltage, polarity, mA etc.

http://www.frontendaudio.com/Moog-Guita ... -08858.htm

thomson

Post by thomson » Thu May 05, 2016 9:30 am

I too have the problem with my guitar. When i try to play it the strings of guitar touches each other and giving some noise. Can any one please fix my issue. Thanks in advance
For all music related information http://www.mp3musicdownloaderapps.com/

albert6720

Post by albert6720 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:18 pm

I see most of time that Moog E1 guitar series have the same problem as you mention in the post. You can find the review on Amazon that will point you towards a best solution.