Filter/Buffer on GK ouptut improvement?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
GreyFortress

Filter/Buffer on GK ouptut improvement?

Post by GreyFortress » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi all E1-M users,
Wondering if anyone has seen a marked improvement routing the GK output through a filter/buffer into the VG-99 or GR-55. As it stands, using the COSM synths like the GR-300 emulation with the piezo GK output from the Moog Guitar is horrible. It picks up even the slightest rubbing on the strings, fret noise (even with flatwounds) and noise from the tremolo which sounds horrible. Straight Midi triggered sounds and COSM guitar sounds are OK,though. I've been corresponding with a gentleman in Sweden http://www.primovasound.com/ who makes filter boxes and just want to know if its worthwhile.
Thanks!

cliffman

Re: Filter/Buffer on GK ouptut improvement?

Post by cliffman » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for the tip! I purchased one of the units, and it does appear to track better and generally improve the performance of the Vo, at least into a GP-10.
I can recommend it.

GreyFortress

Post by GreyFortress » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:35 am

Glad to hear it. I'm waiting for a customized version of the filter that I requested from Robert. Should be a couple of more weeks... Cant wait to give it a try. I'll post my findings here.

GreyFortress

Post by GreyFortress » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:29 pm

The filter makes a huge improvement for midi tracking and for COSM modeling. Well worth the investment.