Moog Guitarists Playing Vo-96

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Croyote

Moog Guitarists Playing Vo-96

Post by Croyote » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:40 am

Who else out there has gotten a Vo-96?

I just received mine and I'm having a blast playing with it.

I sent Paul a Baden A-Style Rosewood to have the acoustic synthesizer installed in, and he was quite impressed with this guitar. I loved the guitar before, but . . . what an insane plethora of timbral possibilities lies before me now!!!!!!!

Here's my first vid:

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COh_VwUa_sY][/url]

mrfett

Re: Moog Guitarists Playing Vo-96

Post by mrfett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:14 am

I've been playing mine everyday. It's installed in a Gibson Hummingbird. One thing that people should know is that the Vo-96 definitely changes the plane jane acoustic tone of the instrument you get it installed in, so don't use a guitar you absolutely love the tone of, because you'll never hear it again! The difference in acoustic volume is very noticeable (without the Vo-96 turned on, the guitar is pretty quiet due to the guitar top's vibration being muffled by all the stuff on it). With that said, when the Vo-96 is turned on, you're on another planet with regard to acoustic guitar sounds (the Vo-96's added energy more than compensates for the dampening effect, so the Vo-96 can get quite loud!). It's a very different instrument, and is definitely better suited to some playing styles than others (heavy strumming isn't rewarded the way fingerpicking is). You can coax some incredible timbres out of the thing. I'll be sharing videos soon, it's an amazing instrument, truly like playing an acoustic synthesizer. Wonderful, and highly recommended!

mrfett

Re: Moog Guitarists Playing Vo-96

Post by mrfett » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:31 am

I've read the comments about a bad version of Robert Fripp... couldn't resist lol. I wasn't trying to get a talk box sound, but when I did I thought it was pretty cool. Hope someone gets a kick out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JeMifaNu1g