The Moogphisto Variations

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Croyote

The Moogphisto Variations

Post by Croyote » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:48 am

I've been teaming up my PVCE w/ a pair of Bogner Mephisto amplifiers.

This astounding new amplifier utilizes "parallel amplifier" technology. This means that it has two complete amps in one that can be fused and blended into one.

One side of the amp is a complete reproduction of the classic Fender 6V6 12W Circuit, and the other is a reproduction of the classical Vox/low-watt Marshall EL84 18W circuit. The two sides can be used separately via a footswich, or blended together at the output for a total 20W.

This is not like the design of the Egnater Rebel or Renegade, because you can blend either side in any proportion.

I'm finding that this is ultimate amp for effects in general and the Moog Guitar in particular. When you use the cleanest setting of both amplifiers you get the smoothest tone imaginable which is the perfect palette for experimentation.

When either circuit is maxed out and saturated both in the preamp and power tubes and then attentuated with the built-in attentuator you can produce a unique "envelope follower" quality for the notes which sounds really interesting when combined with the ladder filter.

Here are some sounds: https://soundcloud.com/thecrimsonmoog/s ... variations

On a few I used the head and combo in stereo by recording the combo w/ a CAD Trion 8000 mic and the head with a Koch Loadbox DI. On the most recent track. "Bourree in E minor" I used the combo alone and ran the output through my Koch DI into a pair of Fishman Loadbox amplifiers via an EHX DMMw/TT 1100 set to a very fast chorus on the "wet" output.

Since I found I can get a pretty decent stereo track this way, and the only way I can use the combo's G12H30 speaker is to further attenuate it via the Loadbox anyway; I've got the head for sale. If anyone is interested, PM me. I will knock a few hundred off for a direct PP transaction,

Here's the ebay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bogner-Mephisto ... 19e2db1f35

Vsyevolod

Re: The Moogphisto Variations

Post by Vsyevolod » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Lovely work on the E minor Bouree.

Stephen

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks Stephen, please follow me on SC!

I'm not satisfied with my 1006a Prelude take, and I have alternates . . . actually I lost half my signal because a patch cable was just slightly out of place on the Ravish Sitar.

PM me if you want a deal on the amp.
Last edited by Croyote on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Relisted the Mephisto w/ No Reserve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bogner-Mephisto ... 19e395f072