Introduction and Reflection on Moog Guitar

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Lux_Seeker

Introduction and Reflection on Moog Guitar

Post by Lux_Seeker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:05 am

I just bought a Moog Guitar a few months ago. I would have to say from the first time I started playing it I realized that it was a very different instrument than a guitar and requires a totally different technique.

I also realized it's sound only resembles a guitar. It would be easy to put it into a recording and have someone think it was a synth which I suspect the designers had in mind.

At the moment I am awaiting a soft mallet and some rubber picks. The picks I got to cut the attack and the mallet to damp strings to get harmonics.

I have also found that mastering Moog Guitar means mastering using VO power and harmonic balance as performance elements.

As for me. I am an electronic artists. My primary instruments are synths (keyboard based) but I played guitar long before that and it's nice to get back into guitar (if that is what you want to call a Moog Guitar)

I would love to see more posts on this board about technique as I will try to post things as I develop my own.

mrfett

Re: Introduction and Reflection on Moog Guitar

Post by mrfett » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks for sharing, I hope you keep posting about your experience!

JamesWoods

Re: Introduction and Reflection on Moog Guitar

Post by JamesWoods » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:54 am

Lux_Seeker wrote:
At the moment I am awaiting a soft mallet and some rubber picks. The picks I got to cut the attack and the mallet to damp strings to get harmonics.

I have also found that mastering Moog Guitar means mastering using VO power and harmonic balance as performance elements.

As for me. I am an electronic artists. My primary instruments are synths (keyboard based) but I played guitar long before that and it's nice to get back into guitar (if that is what you want to call a Moog Guitar)

I would love to see more posts on this board about technique as I will try to post things as I develop my own.
It seems you are guitar genius from which institute you have learn to play guitar? :roll: