Ghost adjustment on 13 pin Moog

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
thebrushwithin

Ghost adjustment on 13 pin Moog

Post by thebrushwithin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Does anyone here know how to internally adjust the Ghost pickup per string sensitivity, inside the Moog? I am having a terrible time getting proper even sensitivity between strings, when used with a hardware synth. I am very experienced with this sort of thing, but I need to go inside to make a proper adjustment. I have another guitar with the same Ghost hexpander system, and when I plug it in, it is flawless, but my Moog is absolutely terribly uneven, and I have run out of adjustments on my Roland GR unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks...

Moog dude

Re: Ghost adjustment on 13 pin Moog

Post by Moog dude » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:40 am

Hi mate,

I had problems with volume levels being uneven with Piezo blended in but that was fixed when i tried Rotosound strings. Im not sure if thats related with your specific problem but maybe see if it still happens when the Piezo blend is fully off...

Also, I use an Axon AX50 and the Axon 100 in my rack and have no trouble when controlling external midi devices. These guitars are very intricate and maybe it IS just a subtle adjustment that is needed, have you contacted Moog Support? They are very good and quick to respond!

My guitar is the Midi version and apparently the Midi circuit board inside the guitar caused some PHASING issues that could only be fixed by making the strings slightly different volume levels. (Thats what I wass told anyways)

Hope some of this helps mate...

thebrushwithin

Re: Ghost adjustment on 13 pin Moog

Post by thebrushwithin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience...I will give it a try!