About to enter the fray...

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
zorbas

About to enter the fray...

Post by zorbas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Should have a Moog guitar headed my way soon...I'm calling upon all you veterans for some tips/tricks for a beginner (of this guitar, not the instrument in general).

Many thanks!

Cheers!
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip it's been"

Moog dude

Re: About to enter the fray...

Post by Moog dude » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:58 am

Hi Zorbas,

I'm no seasoned pro with this thing but one thing I can tell you is this; It's not like an ordinary guitar in the way that it makes you experiment with your techniques... I found myself saying "I wonder if I try this?" and you just seem to get lost in making sound. For example I would try full sustain and let the D string drone while softly plucking notes on the G string and then get aggressive with some tremello (wiggling the strings :lol: ) and it sounds like a nice slow attack and you can even get it to sound like its in reverse! It's crazy like that! You could never make another guitar sound like that! You wouldn't even think about trying it but with this guitar, it's a whole other story! Just wait till you plug it in, to the amp AND THE WALL!!! This thing is alive!

There is another post called "Advise from owners" or something like that, it has a very good description of what the sound of the Moog pups are like, Filter modes and other general stuff from another fine user of this guitar. Check it out if you can...

Hope this helps... Have fun and make sound!!!

zorbas

Re: About to enter the fray...

Post by zorbas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks...it should be here Monday.
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip it's been"