Moog Guitar Custom Shop

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
cliffman

Moog Guitar Custom Shop

Post by cliffman » Wed May 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Interesting. Hope they sell a few more. A good way to address all the people who thought the superstratish shape sucked.

Question: Would Moog Custom Shop build a Moog with other pickups in addition to the Vo Pickups?
Say, one well-isolated standard pickup in the neck, with a Vo at the bridge?

I'd call and ask, but I don't have $4K lying around atm and already have one MG, so I don't want to waste their time on the phone....

Body shape is nice to do, but how far does 'Custom' extend electronically?
That's my area of interest. Another example: I'd love to have a mode where the footpedal worked as a foot volume, and Vo balance was set with the
knob. Worst case, i'd trade that for the 'autowah' mode.

Gladmarr

Re: Moog Guitar Custom Shop

Post by Gladmarr » Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 am

I keep meaning to contact moog someday to ask if they'd sell the electronics alone to be shoehorned into a totally different guitar. I don't know if another guitar maker could get the Vo electronics working, so it would probably need to be handed off between moog and the builder back and forth. I'm sure that would get expensive fast.

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Fri May 18, 2012 10:40 am

Gladmarr wrote:I keep meaning to contact moog someday to ask if they'd sell the electronics alone to be shoehorned into a totally different guitar. I don't know if another guitar maker could get the Vo electronics working, so it would probably need to be handed off between moog and the builder back and forth. I'm sure that would get expensive fast.
Isn't that the purpose of this new custom shop? Now Moog will build your totally different guitar for you.

Gladmarr

Post by Gladmarr » Fri May 18, 2012 5:04 pm

cliffman wrote:Isn't that the purpose of this new custom shop? Now Moog will build your totally different guitar for you.
Yes, but what if I wanted something completely outside Moog capabilities like an all aluminum guitar? http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/

Moog can't do that. At least I don't think they can.