Which E1 to buy??

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
moogryan

Which E1 to buy??

Post by moogryan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi guys i have been a member in the past but forgot my account details so new account time...

So i have finally saved some cash for a moog guitar E1 i am wondering which one do i get?

the trem
is the trem worth it? i almost never use it on my guitars,, does the moog guitar get better with the trem?

a stock b stock???
what does that mean???

midi
i own a voyager and can't see any use in the short term but is this one of those things that i should get it now so i don't regret it later?

also i am a giging musician and this will be used for half of a set in my band.
-Ryan

mhuxtable

Re: Which E1 to buy??

Post by mhuxtable » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 pm

1. yes the trem is worth it...even for subtle use. i never used a trem either & i like the way the bridge feels better than the non-trem.

2. b stock means there is a small blemish in the finish. i have a bstock black E1 and it took me a whole DAY to figure out what was the "blemish" (its a dimple the size of a finger tip in the black, beneath the clear coat...you can't see it except in certain light)

3. midi is a nice addition....if for any reason you want to set up a guitar synth, it'll be well worth it. you can play very different sounds (and polyphony!) with a guitar synth, unlike the voyager. 2 totally different animals...if you've got the cash, go ahead & get the midi.

i use my E1 exclusively in my band when we play live...and i love it. don't regret it at all.