high E string doesn't trigger the filter

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
peerke

high E string doesn't trigger the filter

Post by peerke » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 am

Hi I just bought a moogguitar and the high E string doesn't trigger the filter (middel stand). I brought it back for repair but they said that it's a problem of the guitar and can't be repaired at this moment. They said it has to do with the decreased width of the high E string (compared to the other strings) not triggering the filter. I'm afraid that for the moment, it is unfixable but I think thats not the problem. I've notice that both E strings a lot softer than the other strings and think that's the real problem is the pickups. Does anybody has these problems.

Cheers,
Peerke

ark

Re: high E string doesn't trigger the filter

Post by ark » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Yes -- it appears to be how the guitar behaves.

Moog dude

Post by Moog dude » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi Peerke,

It seems like a few problems haunt this guitar... Although your problem is a little bigger than mine. My E strings work ok but the D and B play up and get soft (only when Piezo is blended)....

Bummer.... :?

peerke

Post by peerke » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi Bummer,

I changed my guitar with another one (they got 2 other Paul Vo Collector editions) one of them had high E string that didn't trigger the filter just like mine but with a better sustain then mine (only the low E is less) and the other one did the triggering perfect but the sustain function was really bad. So I've changed mine for the one withe the best sustain that's why I bought it for in the first place. The auto filter function is not so very special to pay that much money for, still it's a lot of money for a guitar that's not working 100%..

cheers Peerke