Under Two Grand???

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
3v3+Z

Under Two Grand???

Post by 3v3+Z » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Since when is there a Moog Guitar for less than $2000? And what is "B-Stock" exactly? http://www.moogmusic.com/moogguitar/?se ... t_id=21382

EricK

Re: Under Two Grand???

Post by EricK » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:18 pm

B Stock is a term that is used by manufacturers and retailers to indicate that it has had issues from the factory that have been repaired.

Usually in instances like these the retailers have to disclose that an item is B-Stock. This might be a reason why you might see something and wonder why the price is too good to be true. Marshall Amps, for example have a B in the serial number somewhere.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Right, I'm familiar with the term in general. I'm just wondering what it means for this specific product. I'm hoping it's merely a cosmetic issue, because I can deal with that. If it's anything to do with the electronics, no thanks!

But the other models have had their prices cut, too! This must be a pretty recent development, because a LOT of the online retailers still have the old prices listed. But the E1's are about $500 less, and the Vo Sigs are about HALF what they were. At least those are the prices here on the Moog Music site. I don't know if that means they actually have any Vo's to sell, though. (Personally, I think the E1's look WAY better anyway!!)

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:43 pm

I called up Moog and talked to nice sales person -
- They 'B' part is cosmetic / finish issues only - and they will tell you about flaws in individual guitars if you want to order.
- The price cut on the 'A' models is to keep dealers from being too mad about the 'B' price/sale. (also, i think the economy is a part)

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 am

Cool. Thanks.