CP251 Sample and Hold

Everything Phatty.
hdbreak

CP251 Sample and Hold

Post by hdbreak » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi, I just purchased a CP251 for my LP Stage and I can't get the sample and hold module to function. I was running through the patches in the cp251 manual and on the first S+H example I don't get the classic random pitch mod when plugged into the Pitch CV. I can modulate the pitch with the LFO square wave and the noise output works but it's like the bridge from the noise and square wave aren't connected internally. I manually patched the noise to the input and and square wave out of the lfo into the trigger and still nothing but a small smooth pitch change when I move the attenuator going out to the LPs Pitch CV. Is it broken or am I just missing something?

Brian G

Re: CP251 Sample and Hold

Post by Brian G » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Try this ( sorry if this is what you were doiong) don't patch anything into the S/H In or trig... just use the Out 1......
From the sample and hold take out 1 to the attenuator IN then the Attenuator OUT to pitch CV on the Phatty, adjust the LFO Rate and Attenuator amount to taste. Want more fun ? Take the S/H 1 out to the Lag Processor IN then take the OUT to the IN on the Attenuator then the Attenuator out to the Pitch CV on the Phatty
Even more fun ? Take the S/H out 1 to the multi, take the mult and feed the lag, feed the lad to input 1 or 2 on the MIXER, feed another mult into another input on the mixer take the out and feed it to the Attenuator in then the out to the pitch CV on the Phatty….really really fun, take the neg out feed it to the other Attenuator and send it to the filter CV.

Have fun
:)

hdbreak

Post by hdbreak » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Thanks for the tips. It'll be handy when I get mine fixed .The S+H is most likely broken on mine. I don't get any stepped response at all even directly connected to the S+H output. I did try it with S+H Output 1 to a attenuator and then out to my LP Pitch CV. No result. Just a pitch change when I move the attenuator, no stepped response. It must have gotten knocked during shipping.

jackmurray

Post by jackmurray » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi hdbreak,

Everything you've described sounds exactly like the issue I'm having with my "like new" CP-251 from eBay.

It's been some years since your last post and I'm wondering if you were able to fix the S&H issue on yours and if so how you did it? I'm trying to avoid having to ship mine back to the seller.

Any advice would be wonderful! Thank you.