Saw Rush tonight; 3 Phatty's in use

Everything Phatty.
EMwhite

Saw Rush tonight; 3 Phatty's in use

Post by EMwhite » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 am

Splurged on VIP tickets and got onto the floor just about before anybody arrived. As soon as I entered (Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH), I saw what I thought was a spare Phatty off Alex's side of the stage; it was the black back with CV outs (thought it was a spare for Geddy).

Looking across the stage itself i saw that Alex Lifeson ALSO had a Phatty on a stand (never saw that before) and Geddy Lee had his ontop of his Roland Fantom.

Alex used his to play the synth on 'Time Stand Still', but strangely, he was playing what looked like 2 or maybe even 3 notes simultaneously. Thought maybe he was using it purely as a midi controller; Then it all made sense, he was playing in Multi-mode, triggering the Phatty offstage; at least that's my theory.

Geddy used his for the usual Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions, possibly something else, tough to see. Would have like to have seen a few sets of Taurus IIIs in use, but we can't have everything. A few of their songs are quite elaborate and with such a range across nearly 40 years, it would be impossible lug all of that vintage gear around, let alone keep it in working order. It was a great show.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Sir Nose

Re: Saw Rush tonight; 3 Phatty's in use

Post by Sir Nose » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 am

I heard earlier this summer they had 2 sets of T3s on stage as well.

tript

Re: Saw Rush tonight; 3 Phatty's in use

Post by tript » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 am

Sir Nose wrote:I heard earlier this summer they had 2 sets of T3s on stage as well.
?