LP Hip Hop

Everything Phatty.
Glydez

LP Hip Hop

Post by Glydez » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 am

Hi guys,

Im new here, haven't even yet got the Little Phatty but very interested in getting one probably within the next few weeks.

Im primarily a Hip Hop producer and just wondered how many of you guys use your LP's for Hip Hop or have experience of how suitable and usable they are within that genre. If it helps im talking about real hip hop, dillaesque stuff i guess... (:

Audio examples would be incredible!

EricK

Re: LP Hip Hop

Post by EricK » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Well I am a Voyager owner, and I can say you won't be dissapointed by the typed of deep punishing bass or ripping leads youll get from your phatty.

Synthesis is perfect for old school west coast style basslines and leads ala "Chronic" or Eazy E or, all of those old Pfunk tunes they were sampled from.

You will be very happy with your purchase!

Welcome to the forum
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Glydez

Post by Glydez » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 am

Very helpful thank you!

Would be great to hear some examples if anyone has used the LP on here for Hip Hop.

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Well I'm really stretching here because it's not an LP, and it's not hip hop (but related), and I don't know which tracks it's on, but...

It was nice to see a Voyager in the studio photo in the London Zoo CD art (The Bug).

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 pm

I produce hip hop... although I love dilla, I don't use it for those kind of sounds... Dilla was much more of a sampler than a synthesizer dude, tho he dabbled in it sometimes. For that kind of stuff I see the Voyager or LP being more of a addition to samples etc.. basses etc, instead of being the real main focal point.

The stuff I do is more like.. synthetic I guess.. the LP and Voyager can be either experimental sounding, or super polished pro sounding, really whatever u prefer to make with them. A lot of new skool stuff nowadays is turning to analog synths, especially for basses and leads, and old analog drum machines. My personal setup is a LP and a Voyager, a bunch of sampling software and pads, a Nord Lead and some softsynths for some big poly pads etc, retro sounds... and a mic for gettin those organic sounds... playin around , mixin and matchin.

I don't really have much to link, but I did 2 tracks for this guy Steve Liriks in California for his mixtape.. you can check that out here "http://limelinx.com/files/2a32e47c0216e ... cb14839407" although that some older stuff... it's mostly all done with the LP and a Nord Lead, and drum sounds etc.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Glydez

Post by Glydez » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Very helpful, thank you!

Just checked out your stuff, VERY impressive bro. How much of the stuff on your myspace is the LP as well. This is my first hardware synth and its a toss up between that and the Nord Lead 2X, i know they are slightly diff but i just want something that i can produce many many usable sounds with. My only fear with the Moog is its sound being too eclectic for more commercial sounds...?

You know of any more hip hop stuff thats LP based, popular or otherwise...?