delay for LP?

Everything Phatty.
Prime NL

Re: delay for LP?

Post by Prime NL » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 am

I am using a Eventide Time Factor since this week.....and am very happy about the sound of it.

Great pedal which has alot of possibilities.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:17 am

I use the Moog MF-104Z and a Maxon AD999. The Maxon was €249 and has 900 ms delay time and is also analog but it has no CV controls. http://www.maxonfx.com/Vintage_AD999.php
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 am

What do you guys think about Digitech TimeBender? It has loads of features in it, I don't think that my old brain could even handle this pedal. IMHO (cos i might be wrong) this might be the most advanced delay pedal available .. or maybe not :-) Since my old DL4 died, I'm now also in the hunt of a good delay & reverb pedals but still want to press down the price tag. Any comments?
Really, it's not those so-called 'vintage' nor 'analogs' but to have a good heart and good instict is the key..

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Boss Re20 Space Echo
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Agostino

Post by Agostino » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm

oook :)
I need an analog delay for my Little Phatty.
After some research, I found 4 pedals that may be interesting...
- Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
- Electro Harmonix Memory Toy
- Electro Harmonix Memory Boy,
- MXR Carbon Copy

The "Memory" guys :lol: have some modulation features that I don't need, so I won't use them...
Should I restrict my choice between the #1 Echo and the Carbon Copy?
Thaaaaaanks a lot!
Bye!! :D

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I was about to get EH deluxe memory boy but ended up buying EH Memoryman with hazarai instead, in my opinion that's the best of $200 I spent for a delay pedal, I don't really mind of it's being digital as long as it's great in sound quality and I can tweak the tone knob, so that I still can replicate analogish or digital delay sounds depending on my needs, plus it has many features and we can save our presets on every delay mode, couldn't beat that for the price. I can get delay&reverse, long looper, reverb (separated from the delay) and modulation out of this pedal.

Good luck!
Really, it's not those so-called 'vintage' nor 'analogs' but to have a good heart and good instict is the key..

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Its not analog, but the best emulator available today:

Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo

http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

nathanscribe

Post by nathanscribe » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 pm

It's also extremely nice with the LP :-)

I use a number of delays, and second any recommendations for the EHX Memory Boy. It doesn't do everything though. It's not dark enough for some things. Don't overlook the pseudo-analogue PT2399 types, such as the cheap Biyang and similar units like the Artec. They have a nice crunchy tone that works well.

I used to think the Boss RE-20 was the bee's knees with the LP, but after a couple of years I got bored of it without being able to say exactly why. Something unexciting about the tone after a while. The Strymon has some excellent features but is hard to get hold of and isn't cheap.

Don't ignore old digital units either - I have a pair of Digitech RDS 1900, and they're great - they sample at 8-bit, and can be used to grit up clean signals nicely.

David Bulog

Post by David Bulog » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 am

Boss DD-20 plays nicely with LP

Spaghettaboutit

Post by Spaghettaboutit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 am

Agostino wrote:oook :)
I need an analog delay for my Little Phatty.
After some research, I found 4 pedals that may be interesting...
- Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
- Electro Harmonix Memory Toy
- Electro Harmonix Memory Boy,
- MXR Carbon Copy

The "Memory" guys :lol: have some modulation features that I don't need, so I won't use them...
Should I restrict my choice between the #1 Echo and the Carbon Copy?
Thaaaaaanks a lot!
Bye!! :D
Uh pretty sure the #1 Echo is a digital delay, not that there is anything wrong with it, I have a Boss DD-3 and DD-6.
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu is [b]NOT[/b] a crime

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Crucial Audio in Santa Rosa makes an awesome delay that is an analog tube delay. But it sounds like a super warm tape delay.

http://www.crucialaudio.com/product.htm

Agostino

Post by Agostino » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah, the #1 Echo isn't analog, but I discovered I don't really need an analog delay, really, I only need a simple delay.
I'm not lookin' for a specific sound.
What do you think? #1 Echo or Carbon Copy? :D

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:12 am

Agostino wrote:Yeah, the #1 Echo isn't analog, but I discovered I don't really need an analog delay, really, I only need a simple delay.
I'm not lookin' for a specific sound.
What do you think? #1 Echo or Carbon Copy? :D
in my opinion I think the carbon copy is way too dark, maybe that's the reason people are selling it on craigslist & ebay. From almost the same amount of money you can get more from malekko 616 if you want to go with analog. Check it if you haven't.

The #1 echo is pretty good, and I like the infinite feedback/decay feature on this pedal. And also for digital delay, boss dd series will work just fine.

Imho, whatever the boutique pedals are, there'll always be a space on people's hearts for boss pedals for their quality (although its not the best), reliability and price, it's just that there are so many new pedals that makes us want to try and explore in the market right now promising this better quality than others. But After long days of reading people's reviews, At the end of the day it won't matter, cos it's all about personal taste anyway.

Hope that helps, good luck!

existenz

Post by existenz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:03 pm

odavy wrote:I was looking at the carbon copy and decided on the deluxe memory boy instead. This is because the carbon copy cant do 100 per cent wet signal, when you move the blend knob all the way to the right it is still fifty fifty wet dry, and as I am using the delay as a send effect on a desk, it was no good for me. No complaints with the memory boy, an amazingly good delay. I haven't even used the full potential yet.
I've used the deluxe memory boy with my voyager and although is rich of features for his pricea and is analog, tap tempo, exp pedal input (cv input with an attenuator) i really don'l like the sound... i've tried every day i really want to like it , but it sucking too much tone really, there a low pass filter function but is not enough....i have a deluxe memory man big version too and the sound is totally different, i tried the voyager with deluxe memory boy, deluxe memory man, rolande re-201 space echo, stereo memory man with hazarai, boss dd6 and korg kaoss pad3 and my final choice is...................: stereo memory man because it have a god toen for me with a lpf i's a looper so i can do lopps and even phrases/sinil arpeggios because you can set the number of note that the delay repeats, the reverse mode and stereo input/output....i really like the re-201 too and memory man but i prefer to keep both in my guitar rig..
Voyager electric blue, Vx-351, Cp-251, Ring modulator, Murf, Phaser, Freqbox.

Agostino

Post by Agostino » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:53 pm

I bought an EHX #1 Echo! Image
That's really really good!
It's a pleasure to play solos with it!!! :D