little phatty vst in ableton

Everything Phatty.
gusso

little phatty vst in ableton

Post by gusso » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:25 am

Can anyone who uses ableton get automation to work with the editor??? I try to draw in automation and the red light comes on at the top (back to arrangement button) in ableton and the automation drawn in has no effect.

gusso

Re: little phatty vst in ableton

Post by gusso » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am

anyone?

XikwriNeyrra

Post by XikwriNeyrra » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:14 pm

i've also the same problem guys, please help!

yowzer

Post by yowzer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 am

I don't have the editor, but I have had other weird behaviors in Ableton and LP Tribute. Amos suggested, and it might help you (it didn't solve my issue) to make sure you turn Local Control to OFF. That way, there has to be an armed MIDI track sending to the LP for it to make sound. If the editor is on that track, I would thnk the automation would work?

Good luck!

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi guys,

I did some testing recently and confirmed this is a real problem when using the VST LP Editor in Ableton Live. The "correct" way to do parameter automation of the plug-in is not working.

There is a brand-new version of the LP VST Editor in the works right now; it is built on a new framework so I am hoping it will resolve these issues. I am about to test the first alpha-version of this new editor now, so I will let you know how the automation is working. This will be a free update for all registered owners of the VST Editor.

In other good news, this new version should work as an AudioUnit as well!

-Amos

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 am

Update:

No joy on the new editor, just yet -- the first attempt failed to run on my computer; it got to a load screen and then crashed the whole PC.

I'm sure this is just a temporary stumble on the way to greatness... but it might mean the new version isn't as far along as I had hoped. :wink:

XikwriNeyrra

Post by XikwriNeyrra » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:40 pm

nothing yet guys? :( also, anyone knows how to use little phatty presets on stage II? i read something in the web.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 am

Update on the VST LP Editor: Rekon thinks they have a solution to the parameter automation issue in Live. Still working on the new VST/AU framework. I'm hoping I'll have some more news soon...

-Amos

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Amos

Really looking forward to getting this working, keep us posted Amos!

Cheers...
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

screamingstrings76

Post by screamingstrings76 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 am

I am REALLY looking forward to this working. I bought a LP SEII a few weeks ago, and individual midi mapping through Live is kind of a pain right now. Far more work than is necessary...

But good god i love my LP. And Ableton. Now i just need them to communicate with each other better :D

orion

Post by orion » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Amos wrote:Hi guys,

I did some testing recently and confirmed this is a real problem when using the VST LP Editor in Ableton Live. The "correct" way to do parameter automation of the plug-in is not working.

There is a brand-new version of the LP VST Editor in the works right now; it is built on a new framework so I am hoping it will resolve these issues. I am about to test the first alpha-version of this new editor now, so I will let you know how the automation is working. This will be a free update for all registered owners of the VST Editor.

In other good news, this new version should work as an AudioUnit as well!

-Amos
Amos,

I just found this thread via Google search ... trying to figure out why I can get automation working. It's cool to hear there is a new version in the works that will support automation and as an AU as well. Cool stuff.

Do you have any update for us?

Thank you!

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:35 pm

current update: the new VST/AU editor is working great on Mac OSX now.
Still no joy for Windows; there's a strange bug that causes it to use 100% of the CPU on all winXP machines I've tested.
I'll test it on Win7 tomorrow... but this bug has persisted for a long time with no resolution, I'm not sure when it will be fixed.

We might just release the Mac version soon, since it's working so well there.

orion

Post by orion » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Amos wrote:current update: the new VST/AU editor is working great on Mac OSX now.
Still no joy for Windows; there's a strange bug that causes it to use 100% of the CPU on all winXP machines I've tested.
I'll test it on Win7 tomorrow... but this bug has persisted for a long time with no resolution, I'm not sure when it will be fixed.

Thanks for the update! You'll get no argument from me re: releasing the Mac version soon (or having me beta test), I'm a Mac user who loves beta testing software :)

HiFreak1c

Post by HiFreak1c » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Do you have a link for this GUI please?? :0) :D
Outbreak Digital / Digital Cohesion / Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/hi-freak1c

mschmahl

Post by mschmahl » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:12 am

Amos wrote:current update: the new VST/AU editor is working great on Mac OSX now.

HI Amos!

Do you know when the AU editor for the Slim Phatty will be available? Because i'm working with Logic as my main seq....
and it's already mid of February... ;)

It would be great to get some feedback from you! :)

best,
marcus