new phatty owner...of course not everything is working :(

Everything Phatty.
motion drive

new phatty owner...of course not everything is working :(

Post by motion drive » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 am

im a phatty owner since 5 days, very happy with the overall sound...love by first sight :)
now i bought the vst editor from rekon audio aswell

my two major problems are:

the lfo is not working at all, not in stand allone, not in the sequencer...nothing happens.
the only strange thing that happens sometimes, when i move the lfo knob led, the cuttoff led is moving aswell...but no lfo responding at all
theres not even a preset with lfo moves as it seems.

my second problem is how to make the vst-editor work properly in cubase 5...(im pc/cubase 5 user)
I have the os 2.1 installed...thought its the latest. But rekon audio wrote me to install 2.2 and without its not working properly...
expirienced that someone else?

thx alot for help

alamilla

Re: new phatty owner...of course not everything is working :

Post by alamilla » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 am

I know this might seem like a really obvious answer to one of your problems but have you tried moving the mod wheel?
the modulation matrix and subsequently the LFO are connected to this control.
http://www.myspace.com/skipteque

motion drive

Post by motion drive » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:35 am

alamilla wrote:I know this might seem like a really obvious answer to one of your problems but have you tried moving the mod wheel?
the modulation matrix and subsequently the LFO are connected to this control.

does that mean, the lfo is working only together with the modweel? im a newby to analog synths...i thought that they are more or less the same like my virus or other hardware gear i have though.

i mean...when i turn on the amount/depth on a lfo on the virus for example....you can hear it...without moving the modweel

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:04 am

The way it works is that the Amount control sets the maximum possible level of modulation, but the modulation actually heard at any moment is controlled by the mod wheel (from zero when it's off, up to whatever maximum is set by the Amount control). So if your mod wheel is sitting at zero, you won't hear any changes to LFO or other modulation settings.

motion drive

Post by motion drive » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 am

i understand what you guys mean...but..first time that i have a synth working like this though....all other old synths i had like juno 106, sh-101 etc the lfo was working directly when moved up the amount/rate...without touching the modweel or the modweel was on 0 aswell. First time i see a synth working like this...but if its the way it works here...im fine with it.

thx for help anyway

now if someone has expirience with the vst editor and installing os 2.2 that would be great. coz im abit afraid to install 2.2 as Moog is not offering it anymore...2.1. only on the homepage. but the rekon audio guy says, to run the vst editor properly in cubase 5...os2.2 is needed

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:50 am

"...of course" ??? sounds like you expected the synth not to work...why did you buy it? as for the rekon editor,
the setup is a little tricky in cubase 5.x. there is however a few posts on here explaining EXACTLY how to set it up. The Phatty and the editor are both very complex peices of software and hardware. the best advice i can give is RTFM. In past i have gotten very good deals on equipment that the owner bought and thought it didnt work because of user unfamiliarity with the equipment so there is after all a "bright side" to NOT reading the manual ;)

Cheers whith your new synth hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy mine its a gem

DL

motion drive

Post by motion drive » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:37 am

dlearyus wrote:"...of course" ??? sounds like you expected the synth not to work...why did you buy it? as for the rekon editor,
the setup is a little tricky in cubase 5.x. there is however a few posts on here explaining EXACTLY how to set it up. The Phatty and the editor are both very complex peices of software and hardware. the best advice i can give is RTFM. In past i have gotten very good deals on equipment that the owner bought and thought it didnt work because of user unfamiliarity with the equipment so there is after all a "bright side" to NOT reading the manual ;)

Cheers whith your new synth hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy mine its a gem

DL
12 years of producing learned me that mostly things dont work the way you expect...but its true what you say, its mostly the user who is the problem. I thought the phatty is quite a simple synth...compared to synths like a virus where you have so many features. Subtractive synthesis i know by heart...but still there are a few things very diferent on this synth then on any other i had. Like the LFO is working with the modweel on 100% only...but i got that by now :)

my two mainproblems...still..yeah...and i red the f...... manual;)
arpeggiator is not working with cubase...and yes...im running cubase on play...clock is sended, midi is corectly setup...tryed both..usb and midi jack...arp is working with intern clock..but when i switch to extern clock..no audio is comming

for the editor i know now that automation is not working. at least something.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:55 pm

clock must be running in Cubase (and midi-clock sent to LP from Cubase) for the arpeggiator to work when arp clock = MIDI. I have tested it working here OK. If you get no sound when the arp is on, then the LP is not getting MIDI clocks correctly. If the LP is getting MIDI clocks coming in, and the arp is running with arp clock = MIDI, it should work...

For several of your issues, I will have a fix soon. A new LP firmware and a new version of the VST Editor.
Thanks for your patience as I finish these projects!

Kind regards,

Amos

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Motion Drive,
Are you from Russia or the Ukraine?
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

motion drive

Post by motion drive » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:31 am

@amos
thx for your help...still trying to get it work. Theres something wrong with the midi-transfer, or lets say im dooing something wrong :)

@markm
im from switzerland...not from russia or ukraine ;)