ARP & Saving Modulation Settings in Presets

Everything Phatty.
writeroxie

ARP & Saving Modulation Settings in Presets

Post by writeroxie » Wed May 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi guys
I have a question about the Arpeggiator in the Stage II. Is there NOT a way to have a preset remember the arpeggiators tempo? I tap it in, and when I hit 'store' preset (overwrite), it does not retain the tempo I tapped into it. I also see that it shows a BPM value when I tap, but I cant find a way to simply cursor/adjust the bpm value - other than tapping. I feel like this can't be right. I'm playing this synth to a live band (but we're all playing to a click track). I'd love to just tell it "163bpm" on this patch - so it's always exact.

NOTE: I did notice that NO patch retains Modulation parameters anymore (and I'm pretty sure they used to). I'm starting to think I disabled something while figuring out how to get the Arp/tap feature going.

Bonus arp question: Is there a way to get the arpeggiator to be enabled as soon as its patch is selected? Seems like I have to turn it on each time I come back to the patch? Kind of a bummer, if I'm trying to get to it quick (switching from a neighboring patch).

Any ideas? Thanks!
-Jim

[email protected]

Re: ARP & Saving Modulation Settings in Presets

Post by [email protected] » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Mine wont save either. I was wondering..I cant get my arp to work at all. I set it to "on" and it doesnt work. Is there somewhere else to activate the arp?

serotonic

Re: ARP & Saving Modulation Settings in Presets

Post by serotonic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 pm

>> I cant get my arp to work at all. I set it to "on" and it doesnt work. Is there somewhere else to activate the arp?

press the 'preset' button to get back into preset/edit mode, then PRESS the value knob. The value knob controls the speed, if you're not synched to midi clock.

I don't know if you're aware but there's a manual explaining the arpegiator on this site here: http://www.bigbriar.com/manuals/LPOS20_Addendum.pdf

I'm pretty sure the patch saves the sate of arpegiator On/Off, but you have to manually turn it on by pressing the value knob after you scroll to the patch that has it enabled.

I was actually playing around with the midi clocked arp and lfo settings all last night. You can get some absolutely huge syncopated dubby sounds that way! But, I do think that the arpegiator feels a bit clumsy to use do to the lack of front panel selection controls...maybe I just need more practice.

How about this idea Amos: I think it would be sweet if all of the buttons and knobs on the synth controlled the advanced preset parameters, then you wouldn't have to scroll through the menu's all the time, sort of like hitting the shift key and accessing a whole other dimension of front panel parameters. Or you could have multiple dimensions for the front panel controls, say "advanced preset", and "midi settings", front panel modes...It would require a really good memory, masking tape and a marker, or a label gun, or I'm sure somebody would make a transparent overlay you could fit over the front panel. But, you could also display the selected parameter on the screen as well when you pressed the button in that new mode. Good idea?