2 LP questions!

Everything Phatty.
writeroxie

2 LP questions!

Post by writeroxie » Wed May 12, 2010 10:36 am

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in years. I finally got my hands on a LP Stage II. I have 2 questions...

1) Can I use the LP as a midi controller (polyphonic) driving software synths? If so, is there a quick way to toggle between using it as a controller and using it normally (as a straight up analog synth) outputting to an amplifier?

2) Say the band plays one song in E standard and another in Eflat. Is there any way to transpose certain patches up or down (and save them as presets transposed)?

Thanks in advance for any info!
-Jim

Sir Nose

Re: 2 LP questions!

Post by Sir Nose » Wed May 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Yes, the LP is a polymidi controller. Careful, all knob movements transmit CCs. You can quickly engage and disengage the LP, with the output button just below the volume knob. Engaging and disengaging the synth the LP is controlling can not be done by the LP, that I know of.

As far as I know you can not transpose the keyboard because there is no way to change the tuning of OSC 1. You can turn local control off, send the midi notes to your computer have them transposed and sent back. (I think, I have not tried it myself)

writeroxie

Re: 2 LP questions!

Post by writeroxie » Mon May 17, 2010 2:22 pm

thanks for taking the time to answer!

I have another question... about the Arpeggiator. Is there not a way to have a preset remember the arpeggiators tempo? I tap it in, and when I hit 'store' preset (overwrite), it does not retain the tempo I tapped into it. I also see that it shows a BPM value when I tap, but I cant find a way to just cursor/adjust the bpm - other than tapping. I feel like this can't be right? I'm playing this synth to a live band (but we're all playing to a click track). I'd love to just tell it "163bpm" on this patch - so it's always exact. any ideas?

thanks again!