Little Phatty OS 2.2

Everything Phatty.
acatcalledanarchy

Little Phatty OS 2.2

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Wed May 12, 2010 6:38 am

Hi there

Whereabouts can I download OS 2.2 for the Little Phatty..? I can't seem to find it on the main website.

Thanks in advance

Peace, love and flowers

:D A Cat Called Anarchy xxx
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

Amos

Re: Little Phatty OS 2.2

Post by Amos » Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Hello,

For the moment you can email me at amos at moogmusic d0t com to get this firmware.
I took it off the Web due to a rash of LP failures during firmare update --
it turns out that you can't update from firmware version 1.03c /470 to version 2.20; it will lock up the LP.
I am not sure why this is. It works to update from older or newer versions than 1.03c, to v2.2... just not that particular combination.

The short story is that the LP firmware-update process is not as error-tolerant as we would like it to be.
If an error occurs during the update, there is a chance that the unit will not allow you to try the update again. If that should happen, your only option is to re-program the LP using a USB debug adapter. We are working right now on a new firmware scheme that would avoid this risk, so that in case of error you could always try the update again via MIDI.

Until this new firmware-update process is implemented, it is very important to make absolutely certain you're using a well-working MIDI interface with the latest drivers for your operating system, good MIDI cables, no other software running in the background, no cats jumping on the LP whilst doing the firmware update, etc.

If you're up for it after this disclaimer, email me and let me know whether you're using a Mac or PC to do the update, and I'll send you the appropriate files.

Cheers,

Amos

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 am

Cheers Amos!

Is it absolutely necessary to update the LP to 2.2 in order to use the Little Phatty VST..?

Peace, love and flowers...

A Cat Called Anarchy xxx
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

ffinster

Post by ffinster » Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm

hi there,

i'm having some problems with updating my LP stage I from OS version 2.0 530 to OS 2.2

i've downloaded the editor librarian but it says in the instruction page, that i have to go to the sysex utilites menu.
but the only thing i can find is system utilities and sysex menu (there i can only choose between send all presets, send bulk dump, send cur presets)
where can i find the FW update function in the master menu ?
midi is all set up properly and the editor is receiving my patches.

hope someone can help ,
thanks,

ffinster