custom little phatty

Everything Phatty.
willy026

custom little phatty

Post by willy026 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi everybody,

I've planned to buy 3 more little phattys in order to built 4 voices polyphonic system in my studio but I will loose a lot of space !! So I wonder is there a way for moog to built 3 keybordless little phatty or rack version phatty for a customer ?

Amos can you tell me more about it, is it possible ?

Thanks a lot and thank you for your amazing work !

CTRLSHFT

Re: custom little phatty

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

willy026 wrote:Hi everybody,

I've planned to buy 3 more little phattys in order to built 4 voices polyphonic system in my studio but I will loose a lot of space !! So I wonder is there a way for moog to built 3 keybordless little phatty or rack version phatty for a customer ?

Thanks a lot and thank you for your amazing work !
You need to contact Moog directly about this! Good idea though. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

GregAE

Re: custom little phatty

Post by GregAE » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:36 am

willy026 wrote:Hi everybody,

This is an idea that has been discussed on other forum threads here - the idea of an LP without a keyboard (an 'RME' version of the LP).

Seeing how Moog decided to build the Taurus 3 after gauging the demand, might they do the same thing if there was sufficient interest in a keyboard-less LP? How many folks would be interested in such an instrument?

willy026

Post by willy026 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for coming in this post !
GregAE nice idea if anybody is interested in buying little phatty RME version in the future please come here and post to see if it could be interested financialy for moog to do it !

As far as I'm concerned I already keep 3000 $ in order to buy 3 new keybord versions here in france.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 am

I would be interested in a Phatty RME...I would buy a bunch of them before buying a polysynth...and I never thought I'd say that, but it would probably be cheaper to buy 7 RME Phatty's than a single Polymonster. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

lizgoode206

Post by lizgoode206 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:40 am

However, Moog might consider doing it but it will surely cost you a lot. Can't you just purchase
it separately than coming up with another version?Your idea is great but i think its impossible to come up with a great number
who has the same requirement as yours in order to cut the cost.
[url=http://www.MarkWarner2008.com]Geek Stuff[/url]

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:17 pm

The main board is attached to the underside of the panel, and there is another one with all the jacks, maybe one with the power supply. Theoretically, it should be as simple as remounting the panel, and jacks in another box, without the keyboard installed, unless the keyboard, for some reason, is necessary for operation. If Moog won't do it, I suggest asking them if the keyboard is necessary, if not, have someone build another box, or custom phatty rack.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

tyrannosaurus mark

Post by tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:47 pm

This is going to be awesome!!

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

I would probably buy at least 2 of these if they ended up making them.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Y'all who are interested could call moog and find out if they will sell you the necessary boards, then come up with a custom case to put 'em in.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:34 pm

I would be interested in a Phatty RME for extra voice purposes.

If they did this immediately after ceasing Taurus production, I probably woudn't get one, but if this were to happen in a few years, Id certianly sign up.

At this point, Im more interested in going modular than buying more self contained Moog synths.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

willy026

Post by willy026 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks all for your interest and opinions !

The big question is to know if it could be a new product for moog to release or just a possible custom request. How many customer could be interested ? etc...

I'll try to submit it to moog in near future if this thread is not seen by Amos cause I guess people @ moog have a lot of work for the moment.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Edit your initial post and add a poll, that usually gets their attention.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

willy026

Post by willy026 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm

EricK wrote:I would be interested in a Phatty RME for extra voice purposes.

If they did this immediately after ceasing Taurus production, I probably woudn't get one, but if this were to happen in a few years, Id certianly sign up.

At this point, Im more interested in going modular than buying more self contained Moog synths.

Eric
I already have big Doepfer A100 modular so I fully understand !! No need to tell you how nice a modular system is :D

Thanks for advice on edit and poll I didn't think about it.