LP Broken!!!!

Everything Phatty.
plainlazy

LP Broken!!!!

Post by plainlazy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:31 pm

hello,

i've just tried to update my LP stage 1 with the latest os using the demo version of editor librarian on my mac; however my LP keeps on crashing saying "Stage 1 Error Cycle Power" now when i turn on the unit it says "Send Firmware SX Code Error 2"

what does this mean??

Thanks

Amdrew

plainlazy

Post by plainlazy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:05 pm

fixed!!!!

turns out that you can't update the firmware using a Roland SC-D70 soundcard. good job i had a m-audio midisport 2x2 as a backup

lesson learnt

Andrew :D

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:55 pm

And the midisport rides again :)

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Portamental wrote:And the midisport rides again :)
I have a love/hate relationship with the M-Audio USB MidiSport interfaces.

I love that they often work when other interfaces won't. But you have to remember that you'll
need to download a current driver if you want to use it on other people's computers.

The USB MidiSports are unique in that they load information into the unit every time you plug it in.
Maybe it's why they succeed when others using generic drivers don't (once in a blue moon).

I've been bitten in the can several times because of this. The worst was when I realized, 30 minutes
before a Pink Droyd gig, that my brand new internal hard drive on my laptop had everything it needed...
except the MidiSport Driver. I wasted 10 of my minutes trying to find someone at the club who knew
the password to their wireless router; no luck. I got in the car and found a McDonalds that had a sign
that said FREE INTERNET. After waiting in line I was finally told by the cashier that they had no more
coupons with passwords for that day.

I finally found a Starbucks that actually had WiFi. They handed me a slip of paper with the URL.
I entered it. The site asked me to register. After endless questions it asked for my credit card# ;-(
$10.95 later I had my driver and two minutes to be on stage.

Lesson learned: Always have your MidiSport's driver with you if you take it to a different system.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:14 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:I have a love/hate relationship with the M-Audio USB MidiSport interfaces.

Lesson learned: Always have your MidiSport's driver with you if you take it to a different system.
Hummm , and when was that? My own is a midisport 4x4 midiman anniversary (bought a year ago), no driver required although there's one and the company recommends it. It worked on XP with the drivers. I am now all Vista and Windows 7 and the 4x4 works well without a driver. It's been a worry-free piece of equipment for me.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am

Portamental wrote:Hummm , and when was that? My own is a midisport 4x4 midiman anniversary (bought a
year ago), no driver required although there's one and the company recommends it.
Hi Portamental,

Interesting. I guess it's changed since I bought my two. Mine are of the radioactive lime colored era,
so maybe that's no longer valid.

I should have also specified that I have a MacBook. It would be interesting to learn what happens if
you connect the Anniversary model to a Mac without loading any drivers...
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

chellebauer2

Post by chellebauer2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:21 am

Ah ok.., though Roland SC D70 is compatible, what
sound card should be used in order to avoid similar problem?
[url=http://www.Realtime-Vista.com]Cruise Vistas[/url]