Midi Out to LP in Ableton?

Everything Phatty.
anoteoftruth

Midi Out to LP in Ableton?

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, or just can't understand the two manuals I'm reading, but can anyone help me figure out how to get the midi out to my LP through ableton?

The midi in over USB works fine, I can record and edit the midi tracks, but when I play back to go out to my LP, nothing... I've fiddled around with it a while and still nothing....? anyone help?
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 pm

nevvermind guys :/ figured it out. feel stupid. haha.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

alamilla

Post by alamilla » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:25 am

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Unfortunately, there isn't much in the Ableton manual covering controlling and sequencing external synths.
For those who are having problems, it's a case of going in the MIDI Effects Rack and dropping "External Instrument" into the effects section of your track.
Then select the appropriate ports and channel from the drop down menu.

I've had loads of fun recently using the MIDI effects such as the arpeggiator (which has tons of options) and random velocity.
Try it out!
http://www.myspace.com/skipteque

chellebauer2

Post by chellebauer2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 am

Had similar scenarios. Moral lesson: relax and think. Your simply sooo excited to play ... then again ... WHO WOULDN'T BE?! :!:
Last edited by chellebauer2 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.Realtime-Vista.com]Cruise Vistas[/url]

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

alamilla,

totally agree! there's not much documentation on it at all for Ableton, but I did get to play with some of the midi effects... the arpeggiator is so cool.. got some really crazy sounds with the LP through them. I'll definately be experimenting some more with that ;D

chellebauer2,

Your right! I was just too excited.. it's understandable, its a Moog after all haha. As soon as I chilled out and tinkered around with ableton and the channels on the LP, it was all gravy :D