White dot on knobs not always in sync with knob lights

Everything Phatty.
Sonic Structures

White dot on knobs not always in sync with knob lights

Post by Sonic Structures » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 pm

When I switch patches the knob light is in one position and the white dot on the knob is at another position. I understand why this happens but i dont get why soon after i switch to a new patch and rotate the knob so i can align the dot to the light it takes time for the dot and light to sync.

For example, in a live situation, let's say after i switch to a new patch the light is at 3 o'clock and the white dot is at 7 o'clock ( min. value/knob fully rotated to the left). Now, if i need to decrease the value of knob because the song requires it after a certain time has passed by (and Im assuming the light location is the preset value of the patch), I have to rotate the knob clockwise. by doing so, and for this particular example, when the white dot reaches 12 o'clock the light value (initially at 3 o'clock) starts to increase. this is not good in a live performance situation because it sometimes messes the sound i want to achieve and then i get looks from my other bandmates :evil: by then its kinda too late and i start to rotate the knob counter clockwise to decrease the value which i wanted to do in the very first place.

I dunno, but i think maybe the light should flicker when its about to move value when the light and white dot are not align or close to alignment....sorta like a warning.

Am I missing something that i have to engage for this not to occur?

I've had this problem with the original OS it came with (1.something) and with the latest OS from the moog website.

Thanks in advance.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

you can change the setting of the analog control, it likely is in track mode, you may prefer snap, or pass-thru
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:42 pm

jeepo wrote:you can change the setting of the analog control, it likely is in track mode, you may prefer snap, or pass-thru
Exactly. Try the various modes and see which makes the most sense with your playing style.

Sonic Structures

Post by Sonic Structures » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanks Bryan T & jeepo!! With your knowledge you guys shared I was able to determine that I have to set it to PASS-THRU mode for my playing style.

:D