Who has the new CV mod?

Everything Phatty.
slabwax

Who has the new CV mod?

Post by slabwax » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm thinking of sending my LP-SII back to Moog for the mod. Do those out there who have done it like it and use it. if so how are you patching it. I'm hoping the the mod will be a nice stop gap. I want a Voyager but I don't have the coin right now. So I'm
thinking of getting the mod and a MP-201. I have a six pack of foogers and a cp251. I hoping to get a poor mans Voyager. Any input

Thanks
Dean

The Analog Kid

Post by The Analog Kid » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm

I think that what you will end up with is far greater than a Voyager, but that's just my opinion.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:21 pm

The Analog Kid wrote:I think that what you will end up with is far greater than a Voyager, but that's just my opinion.

I hope so. If I interface all the moog gear and slooowly put together a synth.com unit I hope it floats my boat.

Dean

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:40 am

I would rather have an LP and a 6 pack of fooger with the signal processor than a Voyager and no extras. I love my LP though and I have not owned a Voyager.

PHC

Post by PHC » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm going that way too (synth.com and stuff). I'm waiting until I can come to US myself to get the OS and CV updates or maybe the CV mod becomes available as a field upgrade.

_DemonDan_

Re: Who has the new CV mod?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:24 pm

slabwax wrote:I'm thinking of sending my LP-SII back to Moog for the mod. Do those out there who have done it like it and use it? If so, how are you patching it?
Here's a video with 4 Moogerfoogers patched into a Phatty using both the CV Ins and Outs.

In particular, check out how it interfaces with the MuRF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkm-2OuIOhI

:twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted:

smut

Post by smut » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi, can somone tell me how foreign LP users (in my case Germany) get the CV-Upgrade outside the US?

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Man theres some Voyager hatin' going on on this thread. :lol:

Just teasing,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Man theres some Voyager hatin' going on on this thread.
Get outta here! ya dirty voyager user! :lol:

Love
James

(and yes, I'm also curious about CV upgrades outside the US (ie. Australia))
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:05 am

EricK wrote:Man theres some Voyager hatin' going on on this thread. :lol:

Just teasing,
Eric
Get a Stage II, EricK...you have no idea what you're missing! :twisted:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 am

I have a Voyager, and it's great, but you can get a LOT of music out of a Phatty and a ton o' foogers. Make sure if you want to get a fatter sound, that you pick up a Freq Box... because with that CV mod... you should be able to use it to give you a 3rd oscillator. And the delay is gorgeous sounding... if you haven't got that one already...

That would be pretty awesome actually... aww snap, now I need to get the mod!

I guess I'll have to wait till the Taurus gets paid off...

I just re-read the original thread... I guess if you have a 6-pack of foogers, you probably have the delay and/or the 107...

odavy

Post by odavy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:36 pm

smut wrote:Hi, can somone tell me how foreign LP users (in my case Germany) get the CV-Upgrade outside the US?
Did anyone ever answer this guy? I'm in the UK and I would love to know how I can get the CV upgrade. Sorry if its been answered. I did search, honest :)

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:00 pm

It's a factory upgrade only, but it is supposed to be available to Moog authorized technicians and Service Centers in other countries. Check with the main Moog dealer in your country, or an authorized service center in the country nearest you. There's one for sure in the UK.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Does that mean that this might be available in Canada from a service tech? I know I'd love love love to get it, but the whole ordeal with sending it over the states kind of stops me.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 am

anoteoftruth wrote:Does that mean that this might be available in Canada from a service tech? I know I'd love love love to get it, but the whole ordeal with sending it over the states kind of stops me.
Same here. Now that I have this LP all to me, it's not crossing the border anymore, no Sireeee!!! I am not going with the authorized center solution neither, waiting for a field upgrade or preferably instructions. No real hope on that front. If there are CV outs to be had from this Phatty, I am afraid I'm going to be the one doing it, even if that means going all alone about it, just like I did the CV outs for the Voyager. But the Voyager was easy, with an inviting connector just waiting to be probed in ;)