Little Phatty Stage Dead After a Failed 2.2 OS Update

Everything Phatty.
norcom

Little Phatty Stage Dead After a Failed 2.2 OS Update

Post by norcom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 pm

My LP died last week after I tried to upgrade to the 2.2 OS. It failed during the update and said it needed a restart. After that it turned on with nothing on the screen. Many attempts to get it back by sending the OS with multitude of apps, MIDI interfaces and settings had failed.

I started reading this forum and found the cane creek video. I read through the rest of the posts and ordered the debugger that same night. Amos was kind enough to reply that night as well but he was out for the holidays and I'm not sure when he'll be able to get back to me.

I didn't expect the debugger until at the earliest tomorrow but it came today. I'm hoping someone around here could send me the hex file and the instructions on how to setup the FLASH software to use with the debugger and flash the LP. I have everything hooked up and I'm a little impatient as I really want to bring it back to life.

thanks for any help!

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:00 am

I'm back... email me @moogmusic.com and I'll be glad to send the files you need.

After the Taurus v1.0 firmware is done, I'll be revisiting the LP... we're planning a change to the firmware update process to reduce if not eliminate the chance of this update failure occurring. Sorry for the trouble!

norcom

Post by norcom » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Amos and cane creek,

Thank you for the help and the info! I have resolved the issues and I'm running the latest OS now.

:D

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:16 pm

norcom wrote:Amos and cane creek,

Thank you for the help and the info! I have resolved the issues and I'm running the latest OS now.

:D
Welcome back from the fold! :)
www.ctrlshft.com

norcom

Post by norcom » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:
Welcome back from the fold! :)
Thanks, it's good to be back!

jaahans

Post by jaahans » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:37 am

Amos wrote: After the Taurus v1.0 firmware is done, I'll be revisiting the LP... we're planning a change to the firmware update process to reduce if not eliminate the chance of this update failure occurring. Sorry for the trouble!
Is the Taurus firmware already done?

I am thinking about buying a Little Phatty, but from what I've read there are some pretty serious bugs with the Phatty as of now (many posts about dead Phatties!). I'd like to wait for a fixed firmware before I'm buying it..

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 am

I would have to say that this updating bug is the only one that I've consistently heard... that's why I'm keeping my LP at it's current OS...works great, and no mechanical or software issues.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the LP shouldn't be thought of as a "bug-ridden" unit by any means.