FS: Little Phatty Stage 2

Everything Phatty.
CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Post by CTRLSHFT » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:27 pm

It took me almost a month to sell my Future Retro XS, and I didn't even have any competition on there! It actually ended up going to AwakeWalk (big vintage reseller) in Japan... people just aren't biting as much these days unless it's a steal. I got WAY too many lowball offers. Good luck though, you'll get it sold eventually. Maybe try OBO with a higher BIN price? Sometimes that motivates buyers who might be deadset on getting "teh gud dealz".
www.ctrlshft.com

Amos
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:11 pm

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm currently trying to sell a yellow Micro-Q Rack ($250) and a Roland RE-301 Chorus Echo (make offer) -- no bites on the u-Q, and not even a single offer on the Chorus Echo. Gear seller's market is teh suck. :(

CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Post by CTRLSHFT » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:12 pm

Amos wrote:I'm currently trying to sell a yellow Micro-Q Rack ($250) and a Roland RE-301 Chorus Echo (make offer) -- no bites on the u-Q, and not even a single offer on the Chorus Echo. Gear seller's market is teh suck. :(
I'm shocked you haven't found a nibble on the re-301, those are beautiful machines.

...maybe people are saving their green for 104z's with the spillover mod. ;)
www.ctrlshft.com

Bryan T
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm

I've been getting a lot of offers on the Moog through eBay's 'best offer' thing. $800 seems to be what people think the LP2 is worth. Alas, after shipping and eBay/Paypal fees, that isn't such a good deal for me.

CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Bryan T wrote:I've been getting a lot of offers on the Moog through eBay's 'best offer' thing. $800 seems to be what people think the LP2 is worth. Alas, after shipping and eBay/Paypal fees, that isn't such a good deal for me.
800 is BS! :/

I hate how greedy ebay has gotten... seller fees were not always this high. Paypal hasn't changed too much but it still hurts. They took 40 bucks from me when i sold the XS. Ebay got another 66.

There's always craigslist?
www.ctrlshft.com

Bryan T
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:51 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:There's always craigslist?
I'm hoping that a friend wants to buy it, but craigslist is definitely an option. My track record with craigslist isn't very good. Lots of tire-kickers and low-ballers. I've sold a few things through it, but it isn't my first place to try.

CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Bryan T wrote:Lots of tire-kickers and low-ballers. I've sold a few things through it, but it isn't my first place to try.
Yeah that's my apprehension to it... I have zero interest in dealing with some goober (or more likely a lot of goobers) who want to "try it out" before they buy it. Unfortunately there is no feedback/rating system to shout out your good name through.

I guess you could refer people to your sparkling ebay profile and say "no pickups, ship only, paypal only." this might be attractive as an option to somebody provided the price is right?
www.ctrlshft.com

Bryan T
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Here's my list of offers via eBay:

$750, $790, $800, $699, $700, $501.99, $770, $720, $750, $800, $675, $700, $400.

Ugh. I'd guess that shipping is going to be $50 or so. Paypal fees will be $20 or $25. Ebay will take $50 or $60.

Doesn't look like I'll sell it today.

CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Bryan T wrote:Here's my list of offers via eBay:

$750, $790, $800, $699, $700, $501.99, $770, $720, $750, $800, $675, $700, $400.

Ugh. I'd guess that shipping is going to be $50 or so. Paypal fees will be $20 or $25. Ebay will take $50 or $60.

Doesn't look like I'll sell it today.
You can set up auto-declines for OBO, might wanna consider like 850 as the lowest you'll go (or whatever you're good with.) That way you only get *real* offers.
www.ctrlshft.com

Bryan T
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:30 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:
You can set up auto-declines for OBO, might wanna consider like 850 as the lowest you'll go (or whatever you're good with.) That way you only get *real* offers.
Oh, those 'bids' were all auto-declined.


What is funny is that I think that the Little Phatty is a good buy at its list price. It sounds so good, is so well thought-out, and is capable of so much. I'll file this under "people knowing the price of everything, but the value of nothing."

CTRLSHFT
Posts: 986
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: boulder, co
Contact:

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Bryan T wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote:
You can set up auto-declines for OBO, might wanna consider like 850 as the lowest you'll go (or whatever you're good with.) That way you only get *real* offers.
Oh, those 'bids' were all auto-declined.


What is funny is that I think that the Little Phatty is a good buy at its list price. It sounds so good, is so well thought-out, and is capable of so much. I'll file this under "people knowing the price of everything, but the value of nothing."
people are afraid of opening wallets right now. i don't blame em though, between my SO and I we've been laid off 3 times by different companies in 6 months.
www.ctrlshft.com

btfnk
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:47 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by btfnk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:08 pm

It's funny that people are saying $800 is the going rate for a shipped LP S2. Cause if I could find one at that price I would buy it.

I am interested btw. $850 shipped? paypal, but no ebay to save you some fees?

I'll PM you.

Post Reply