89%

Total votes: 18

Bryan T

Thinking about selling my Little Phatty to get a Moog guitar

Post by Bryan T » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 pm

What do you think?

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:40 pm

If your a guitar player, by all means do it !!! I had the pleasure of experiencing one first hand at Moog last week (ummm, watching Jason playing it) and all I can say is WOW!

My first comment was "this thing makes me wish I played Guitar". Technical design, fine.. it's a scientific masterpiece, it is versatile as the day is long and sounds great, but the finish and craftmanship, especially the signature maple top models is absolutely beautiful.

If you are just a keyboard noodler (as I am; that meaning that I'm a bass player by trade but am all set with my '75 Fender J-Bass reissue), then jump off and get this guitar.

I asked Jason if it was difficult to pickup with all of the new features/options/switches/etc of fancy pickups and he said yes, it was a bit intimidating at first.

The videos on YouTube of NAMM, etc. do not give the instrument justice. I'd hate to steer anybody away from an LP because I think it's absolute greatness in a small package but the Moog Guitar costs $$ and if you've got one skill and it happens to be Git-ar, go for it !!
Last edited by EMwhite on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 am

Lots of votes for "bad idea." Hmm.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:06 am

Bryan T wrote:Lots of votes for "bad idea." Hmm.
I think just because a lot of people really treasure their LP.

I say pick whichever one you will get most use out of... its a shame you couldnt just keep both.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

T7

Post by T7 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:15 am

Thinking of growing a mullet, too? :wink: