Doepfer Dark Energy

Everything Phatty.
perault

Doepfer Dark Energy

Post by perault » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 am

I'm thinking this might be the perfect companion to my LP,

http://www.doepfer.de/Dark_Energy_e.htm

I suppose it would add some nice modulation options and hopefully work also as a third oscillator. Is there anyone with experience of the Dark Energy and especially interfacing it with a LP who would like to share? I have no experience whatsoever from modular systems (or semi-modulars) so please excuse me if this is a silly question or suggestion.

I've seen people on the forum are very happy with the LP + FR XS combo, but this is just a fraction of the cost of a FR XS, at least in Europe.

Thanks!
LP TE #531

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi You might want to check this out also

http://tomoberheim.com/

I don't know about the availability in Sweden. But it might be worth looking into.

Dean

nickster

Re: Doepfer Dark Energy

Post by nickster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 pm

[quote="perault"]I'm thinking this might be the perfect companion to my LP,

http://www.doepfer.de/Dark_Energy_e.htm

etc...

I am not sure how the two will intergrate teh Dark Energy being a Eurorack format synth and teh LP being Moog. I am sure that it must be possible though even if a little bit more is required. Hopefully someone with more modular experience can answer this for you. I like the idea of the SEM LP union though. How about using a Mopho if an extra oscilator is what you are after? Or indeed a Moog type modular Osc such as a dot com Osc. Just ideas really...

nickster

Check this out

Post by nickster » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Check out the review on the following link. Seems that the DE is a 1 volt per octave format so will be patchable to the LP ;) Also it has a curtis filter 24db which may be interesting. Patch cables are included as is a 1/8 to 1/4 inch cable convertor.
Not a bad little synth expander.
http://www.wiretotheear.com/2009/07/18/ ... gy-review/

audiostatic

Post by audiostatic » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:14 am

found these long sound clips on sound cloud ;)

http://soundcloud.com/Memory_Leak
MF-101, MF-102, MF-104z, MF-105 MuRf, MF-107, CP-251, LPTE 0029 Cv Out Mod 3.1

perault

Post by perault » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestions and awesome sound examples.

I was first thinking of Mopho actually but I thought the semi-modular architecture might be more interesting in the long run. Especially since I already have a P'08 module. The new SEM seems really interesting too, but might be hard to get in Sweden maybe.

Anyway, I decided to order a Dark Energy from Thomann in Germany and apparently it is already on its way. Really looking forward to playing around with it.

I hope the 1V per octave will work with the LP. From what I understand it should. I have absolutely no experience of modular stuff, but the flexibility offered seems really cool.

Those sound files made me lust after a CP-251 as well... I guess it never ends. :roll:
LP TE #531

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 am

perault wrote: Those sound files made me lust after a CP-251 as well... I guess it never ends. :roll:
Gear lust will never end :)
Give us an update on the dark energy when u got it.
Have fun and best of luck!
Really, it's not those so-called 'vintage' nor 'analogs' but to have a good heart and good instict is the key..

nickster

Nice

Post by nickster » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:57 am

Anyway, I decided to order a Dark Energy from Thomann in Germany and apparently it is already on its way. Really looking forward to playing around with it.

Glad you ordered the Dark Energy. Would be great to hear your feedback on it once you have had time to play about with it and the LP together. Do let us all know. I can deffinitely recomend the CP-251
Nick

Da1AliBi

Post by Da1AliBi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 am

I have the Dark Energy (DE) along with the LP for a few days and can tell that they go together quite well. I am still developing several ways to connect them/integrate them into my setup. All setups showed interesting results: LP MIDI-out to DE. LP Audio-out to DE ext. Audio-in. Theremin CV-out to DE CV-in...and there are still some variations left. I sometimes use also a Korg EMX1. I must say: This provides a lot of different settings and a lot of fun!

XikwriNeyrra

Post by XikwriNeyrra » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Litthe Phatty ii + Dark Energy + cp-251 = "THE" mouster! believe me. :shock: :twisted: :lol: