Tuning Issues

Everything Phatty.
plainlazy

Tuning Issues

Post by plainlazy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi all,

i'm having a small problem with my LP that it has tendency to detune itself by a couple of semi tones. I'm aware that de-tuning is a common trate with analog synths, however the LP has a self tuning function so it shouldn't do that.

i've gone in the tuning section in the options and set it to auto and set the root key to be c3; however the pitch of the synth is inaccurate at times, even when the unit is switched on for a period of time. Is this normal with the LP?

Cheers

Andy

nickster

re tuning issues

Post by nickster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:05 am

I am assuming that you have set the auto tune function on in the settings. Also that you leave your LP on for about 20 mins before you play and this sometimes can effect the tuning. Have you also upgraded the LP's OS to the lastest version. If you are still experiencing some problems (if no one else comes up with a better sollution that is). Then I would hazard a guess that you may need to send it back for a repair. In any case contact MOOG directly first. Hoping that you will fix this asap.

plainlazy

Post by plainlazy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 am

thanks for the reply,

yes i have the auto tune switched on, however i'm not using the latest os but the previous one. i do leave my lp switch on to warm up a bit as i find that the sound quality improves once it has a bit of juice running through it. the tuning might waver about 4 cents from time to time but i assumed that normal for analog synths. the auto tune works in the sense that it will tune the oscillators but not accurately(it can be out by a semitone), resulting in i have to switch it to manual mode and adjust the pitch myself.

but once i've tuned the synth it keeps a pretty good job in maintaining the pitch throughout a session.