Tribute Upgrade

Everything Phatty.
MarkM

Tribute Upgrade

Post by MarkM » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:14 pm

I'm probably the last to upgrade my Tribute to the new v 2.1. I just picked it up from Moog today, and I must confess it really is fantastic to have that arp on board. Up to this point I have not performed often with the Tribute, but that is about to change. I can get some amazing textures and rhythms that my Voyager can't provide on its own. I lost all my presets, but I believe I have a copy of them on a disc drive somewhere. However, with the arp I believe I will start creating a whole new set.
Bravo Moog Music for a reasonably priced and powerful upgrade.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Welcome to the upgrade club :) . As you found the Arp is a lot of fun to work with.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:35 pm

You aren't the last - I moved in January and have just been too busy to make much music :( but thanks for reminding me!

dlearyus

nope not the last

Post by dlearyus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 pm

I live in canada and I am REALLY hesitant to ship my LPTE via courier to NC. Supposedly I can get it done in Toronto. So I may well be the last by the time i get a "roundtuit"

Cheers ;)

DL

LPTE # 585

PHC

Post by PHC » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 pm

I suppose I'm the last one without the upgrade, but shipping from Poland will cost ma a $1000, so there's no way for me to do it until I fly to USA myself sometime and time LP with me. Moog should find a way to make the field upgrade possible. We have some decent techs here, replacing a memory chip can't be that hard :/

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:35 am

just ask Amos...

i've made a field update of my tribute here in France... and not in a big town !

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:24 am

I too am reluctant to ship (west coast to east coast).

Is there an outfit in/near Seattle that can do the job for me?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 pm

I still have to do the upgrade but now I'm waiting for the CV outputs. Seems I could do the upgrade at 300km away but I don't want my Phatty to make the trip twice.

volkoff

Post by volkoff » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:46 am

I was planning to send my tribute away for the upgrade this week, until I read about the CV outputs! :shock:
Has this been officially announced? If so, does anyone have an estimated date for UK availability :?:
Also some specifications would be much appreciated!
Right now I'm on the same boat as Dagargo...to send or not to send?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...[/quote]

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Me three. Same boat with my Tribute. The bad news is that I need to go to Raleigh the week of the 24th for work and, while a hike-and-a-half, planned on driving over to Asheville to drop off my LP in person.

If I could have the CV Outs done at the same time, I'd be solving a few problems/risks with one stone (don't want to upgrade then upgrade again).

Truth be told, I would much rather check my LP as well wrapped luggage and drop it off myself. The only risk would be return shipping in that case. It's funny how attached we get to this instrument.

So... news appreciated here as well.