Is The Rekon Audio VST Phatty Editor still happening?

Everything Phatty.
dlearyus

Is The Rekon Audio VST Phatty Editor still happening?

Post by dlearyus » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 pm

here i was all fired up for a USEFUL editor that WORKS

Rekon Editors are quite nice from what ive seen/heard

would be a real shame to kill such a damn good idea...VST...ya figger?

or alternatively Soundtower could add VST support........

Cheers ;)

DL

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:22 am

Soundtower couldn't add wet paper bag support, let alone VST support. Let's be realistic about this. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:11 pm

the ReKon VST editor project is still alive... and nearing completion...
:)

darkartois

Post by darkartois » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 am

Amos wrote:the ReKon VST editor project is still alive... and nearing completion...
:)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
www.myspace.com/darkartois

nickster

Ooooooeee!

Post by nickster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Now this is really exciting! One thing I have recently noticed about the current editor is that the actual visual size of the LP window within the editor is so small that I have to lean right into my screen to see what is what. The LP editor is a tad underpowered unfortunately when compared to the recent Dave Smith Tetra editor (made by the same company) that uses tabs to display the differing widows and thus has a much bigger and clearer interface. Hoping that the Rekon VST editor will give us a lovely big easy to view graphical representation of the LP plus all the hidden parameters. Interesting news indeed.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Sad to say, the LP VST Editor is not super large, resolution-wise... but it is very clear.

Here is a screenshot:

(the "moog" watermark is not a part of the actual VST)

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 pm

wow... looks awesome
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

darkartois

Post by darkartois » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Amos wrote:Sad to say, the LP VST Editor is not super large, resolution-wise... but it is very clear.

Here is a screenshot:

(the "moog" watermark is not a part of the actual VST)
this is the ReKon one? Have to say the Cosmicboy controller is awesome. Big ups to him.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:46 pm

The ReKon controller has a few new tricks... see that "get patch" button? Grabs a preset right out of your LP and dumps it into the Editor... patch name and all. :) That's easy to do in a stand-alone editor, but not so easy at all in VST. Works great though; makes it very fast to save all of your custom LP sounds into .fxb banks.

darkartois

Post by darkartois » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Amos wrote:The ReKon controller has a few new tricks... see that "get patch" button? Grabs a preset right out of your LP and dumps it into the Editor... patch name and all. :) That's easy to do in a stand-alone editor, but not so easy at all in VST. Works great though; makes it very fast to save all of your custom LP sounds into .fxb banks.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D :D :D

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:55 am

darkartois wrote:
Amos wrote:The ReKon controller has a few new tricks... see that "get patch" button? Grabs a preset right out of your LP and dumps it into the Editor... patch name and all. :) That's easy to do in a stand-alone editor, but not so easy at all in VST. Works great though; makes it very fast to save all of your custom LP sounds into .fxb banks.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D :D :D
I must add :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: as well as :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

nickster

Thanks for the screenshot

Post by nickster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 am

Thanks for posting this up Amos. Well impressed with the layout and yes very clear indeed. Big well done to the guys at ReKon. Looking forward to seeing this out in my DAW in the future.
Cheers once again.

tangent uk

Post by tangent uk » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 pm

pm sent Amos.

nickster

When when when..

Post by nickster » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Any ideas of a release date for this editor?
Thanks in advance
Nick

mscoelho

Post by mscoelho » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:34 am

This is very exciting to me. I hope the VST editor exposes all paramaters so that they can be automated in Live 8.