Pitch wheel problem! Help!

Everything Phatty.
Pewt

Pitch wheel problem! Help!

Post by Pewt » Thu May 28, 2009 5:50 am

It seems that my pitch wheel only registers downward input. While the wheel itself physically seems fine (it moves up and down) the Little Phatty only registers the downward pulls. I did a bit more research and figured out that the Phatty seems to think the wheel is always up; if I change the pitch wheel upward amount in the menus, the pitch of the played note changes (without touching the wheel). I've tried calibrating my pitch wheel, but the Phatty just got stuck and never finished the calibration. I already contacted Moog support, but wanted to see if anybody has had a similar problem or any ideas.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Thu May 28, 2009 8:25 am

There are two different calibrations for the pitch wheel. pitch wheel and seperately pw amount. Follow the instructions in the manual. pitch wheel calibration does not end you have to exit out of it. The other 3 calibrations give you a "successful" message. For the pitch wheel calibration, once it is selected, move the wheel down first, then smoothly to all the way up, then let it snap back to center. Also it is recommended for all 4 calibrations be performed and in a specific order: pitch wheel->note-> pw amount-> osc 2 freq.

Pewt

Post by Pewt » Thu May 28, 2009 5:21 pm

I tried all of the calibrations, and it doesn't work- the LP seems to be constantly stuck in the up position...