Little Phatty - OS 2.2

Everything Phatty.
tangent uk

Post by tangent uk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 am

bump

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:24 am

tangent uk wrote:stupid question maybe...is there any point in updating to os 2.2 if you havent got the sound tower editor?
only improvement i can see is lfo sync and im unsure if its worth doing...its seems a fair few people are having problems..
I have had no issues updating my stage. Most of the new features are ARP related. If you do not use it then there is only the "Improved Auto Tune mode." Since, the ARP menu choices/structure have changed, I thought it was a good idea to update since future updates will probably have this structure, so any new patches I create will not have to be edited and resaved.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 pm

FWiW, most of my problems were due to the fact that my custom lights were interfering with the function. Now that I have them connected directly to the power supply, everything is fine. The improved auto tune alone is worth it for me. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

miamigroove

Post by miamigroove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 am

Don't worry, there's no way you can screw this up. /i]

can I order a plaque with that on it? :D

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:21 am

miamigroove wrote: Don't worry, there's no way you can screw this up. /i]

can I order a plaque with that on it? :D

Well...there usually isn't. If there is, it's usually my fault. But yes. Go ahead and order that plaque and don't forget to credit me for that quote. I can even give you the name of a good engraver. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

JeffR

Post by JeffR » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

I updated the firmware on my LP II yesterday... my Vista SP2 box using the SoundTower Librarian demo thru an M-Audio Uno. The update went fine, no issues.

I was concerned and nervous before doing this, after reading other people's issues. I got the SysEx firmware from Amos (thanks again, Amos) before attempting the update. I wanted to have a backup method ready if I should need it, luckily I didn't.

All the other firmware updates I've done on my other keys have been directly from some form of plugged in storage device ... smart media or USB flash drives. This was my first experience updating over MIDI.
LP Stage II, Korg M3-73 w/ EXB Radias, Motif ES Rack, Triton Rack w/ Moss Board

renevanderwouden

Post by renevanderwouden » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 am

Yesterday I tried to update my Little Phatty 2.0 to 2.2 via the USB and my Apple G5 2.3 with OSX Tiger 10.5.6. But after that something went wrong. Kind of the same as written in this post.

The display says: SEND FIRMWARE SX, CODE ERROR 1

Now how can I send the right firmware to my Phatty?

Other tools I have the possibility to use are:
- Emagic MT4
- MIDISPORT 4X4

A Dell PC.

Please help me out.

Rene
www.rewo-records.com and also on www.myspace.com/renevanderwouden and on www.facebook.com/renevanderwouden | [b]My MOOGS:[/b] Minimoog Voyager Signature with VX-351 & Moog Little Phatty II

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 pm

First I would suggest to try using the MIDISport 4x4, using the latest drivers for your Mac. Use SysEx Librarian to send the sysEx file to your LP.

If that doesn't work, then connect the same MIDISport to your Dell PC, download the latest M-audio driver for PC and install it, then try using Midi-Ox to send the new OS sysEx file. BE SURE to configure the MIDI buffer size in MidiOx before you send the file, or more bad things will happen. Go to the Options menu in Midi-Ox, choose "Configure Buffers" and set Size = 1024, Num = 256 for both Input and Output buffers. Go to Options->Midi Devices and make sure the MidiSport 4x4 channel 1is selected for Midi Input and Output. Connect Midi Out from the 4x4 channel 1 to the LP MIDI input, and try sending the file.... let us know if it works, and email [email protected] if you have any questions beforehand. The release notes for the latest OS include more info than I have typed here.

Cheers,

Amos

renevanderwouden

Post by renevanderwouden » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks Amos.
www.rewo-records.com and also on www.myspace.com/renevanderwouden and on www.facebook.com/renevanderwouden | [b]My MOOGS:[/b] Minimoog Voyager Signature with VX-351 & Moog Little Phatty II

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:50 pm

now i've updated and made a factory restore
into the latest 2.2T, i was ok

but i've a bug !

when i turn the preset selection knob from preset 4 to 5 and 6
the phatty froze, no sound, then the mane of the presets are coming very very slowly in the screen, and the phatty is fine after the preset 7...

i've made a factory restore several times, i had big bugs with the stage2 factory sound (ie on a preset, when i turn the lfo knob, the cutoff is moving too...) weird...

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:15 pm

haiku-ish wrote:now i've updated and made a factory restore
into the latest 2.2T, i was ok

but i've a bug !

when i turn the preset selection knob from preset 4 to 5 and 6
the phatty froze, no sound, then the mane of the presets are coming very very slowly in the screen, and the phatty is fine after the preset 7...

i've made a factory restore several times, i had big bugs with the stage2 factory sound (ie on a preset, when i turn the lfo knob, the cutoff is moving too...) weird...
Could this be that arpeggiator bug?

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... hlight=arp

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:22 pm

thanks for pointing that !
Amos wrote: In my experience, you only see sluggish response if the LFO rate is up pretty high. I noticed it on the preset "06 PLUMNET" from the Tribute presets... this one doesn't even use the LFO for anything, so there was no reason to notice that the LFO rate was maxed out, until now. Performance was sluggish on this preset until I turned down the (unused) LFO rate, then all was well. Setting the arp clock source to Internal eliminates this issue also.
i'll change and save the preset ...

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:09 pm

haiku-ish wrote:thanks for pointing that !
:)

dave500

Post by dave500 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I can turn past 6 two or three times fast. The screen stops, writes plumnet real slow then changes to a different number.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:32 pm

You can fix that by urning down the LFO rate of plumnet or changing its arp clocl src to internal. Sorry about the bug.