Little Phatty - OS 2.2

Everything Phatty.
haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Sat May 23, 2009 10:54 am

the TC Konnekt 24 has faulty mac drivers.

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Sat May 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Yes, but the TC Electronic updated it a few months ago, and there wasn't any problem with the LP OS2.0 procedure... Just with the 2.1.
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed May 27, 2009 4:08 pm

upgraded TE,

not working after 2.1 upgrade thru "Little Phatty Editor"
the phatty doesn't boot, and the lcd screen is stuck to :
" SEND FIRMWARE SX
CODE ERROR 2"

this is scary.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed May 27, 2009 4:29 pm

hello haiku-ish,

Your LP is booting up; the screen displaying SEND FIRMWARE SX means that the LP code is working well enough to prompt for a good sysEx file. In theory, this also means that it will respond to a correct sysEx message and should be able to recover, if you can send it good sysEx data.

Please tell me what sort of computer you use, and what MIDI interfaces you have tried so far. Don't worry, we will help you to get your LP updated and running again. In almost all cases, the problem you're having can be resolved via MIDI, eventually. At the worst case, there's an inexpensive hardware adaptor which will allow you to load the OS directly to the LP processor from a PC computer.

You can reply in this thread, or it might be easier if we take this discussion to email.

Kind regards,

Amos

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed May 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi, bizzarre ! i've sent you a mail before posting here...
i've already tried the 201T firmware with sysex libarian
no luck, and at different speed too, with no luck

Mac G5, fireface 400 rme.

thanks

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Is your email adress "vertigo2001"? If so, then I got your mail OK.
I'll discuss this code error 2 with our engineers, to determine the likeliest cause. In any case your LP will be fine if we re-program it. Let's go back to email, it's easier for me to track problems and solutions that way...

Thanks!

Amos

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 pm

no it' not my email !

i'll pm it to you

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed May 27, 2009 5:55 pm

In that case there is another guy with the exact same set-up and exact same problem. v2-upgraded LP Tribute, Mac OSX, tried update using MIDI output from his Fireface, got "Code Error 2."

So, forum readers... if you normally use an RME Fireface for MIDI output, and you have a LP Tribute Edition, especially an upgraded one... please don't use this setup to attempt the firmware update. It appears to be unreliable.

RME is amazing for audio (I use a Multiface myself) but there are a number of problems that can occur when sending very large sysEx data files, even on an otherwise-good interface. Digidesign has the same problem... normal MIDI works great but bad MIDI drivers actually drop zeroes from the stream of sysEx data, causing corruption every time. Be careful out there!

-Amos

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 am

Performed the 2.1 update last night using the LP librarian and an M-audio Uno. No problems at all sending the update. I only had time to play with it a little after the update. I reset the arp info on one of my patches, when I engaged the arp the rate knob was totally screwy for a moment. I would turn it one way or the other and the Leds would jump around. It was easily fixed by turning the knob all the way down.

Question about the factory reboot at the end of the update instructions. Is this ONLY to reset the arp info for each preset? If there is another reason then I have no problem with it and I'll deal. If it is the only reason then it will be easier for me to reset it for each preset manually. I have about 20 factory presets left haging around and they are not all in their original place.

ch3r1

OS Upgrade // MIDI interfaces

Post by ch3r1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:51 am

Just wanted to add to this that transfer errors appear to be a problem of MIDI Hardware in the first place.

I wanted to upgrade to os 2.1 on a LP Stage II (on Mac OS 10.5.7). First I used a Tascam US-122 as MIDI interface, which left me with the upgrade stuck at stage 1 and nothing else happening. Then I switched to a fireface 400, and I received a "stage 1 error power cycle".

Before I gave up, I remembered that my Novation XioSynth could also be used as a MIDI interface. With this setup, upgrade completed with no problems.

Nevertheless, I think this has to be fixed on a programming level with an update of the Librarian. It is not very handy that 2 out of 3 MIDI interfaces cannot do the job (given that most people won't even have the choice between different interfaces)

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Sir Nose wrote:Question about the factory reboot at the end of the update instructions. Is this ONLY to reset the arp info for each preset? If there is another reason then I have no problem with it and I'll deal. If it is the only reason then it will be easier for me to reset it for each preset manually. I have about 20 factory presets left haging around and they are not all in their original place.
The Factory Restore sets all global settings to correct default settings, which can be very important if there are any changes to the global data format between one OS version and the next. In addition it reloads all the factory presets. In the case of this particular update, from OS 2.0 to 2.1, I don't think there were any major changes to the global data structure, but there was a change to the preset data structure which is why the arpeggiator settings are screwy until you edit them. If it's easier for you to just edit the preset arpeggiator settings manually, then you should be OK to do only that. If on the other hand you notice any odd behavior with the global settigns, then you should do a factory restore and it will take care of it.

My best recommendation is to export all your presets as sysEx ("send all presets") then do a Factory Restore to reset all the global data etc; then send your own original presets back to the LP and edit them individually if you still need to. That way you know all the global data is set up correctly, and you still have your preset bank however you'd saved it to be.

Cheers,

Amos

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:23 am

Phatty tribute ed

now up and running 2.1

thanks Amos !

moledog

Post by moledog » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Updated my Stage Edition (non USB) using the Soundtower Librarian software and a Midisport 4x4.

Went very smoothly.

Hooray!

tangent uk

Post by tangent uk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:57 pm

stupid question maybe...is there any point in updating to os 2.2 if you havent got the sound tower editor?
only improvement i can see is lfo sync and im unsure if its worth doing...its seems a fair few people are having problems..

Chumdy

Post by Chumdy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

I am the "other guy" that has an upgraded tribute which is locked up after an attempted upgrade. I still have not gotten the problem fixed. Amos sent me a sysex file but I get the same result. Any ideas anyone?