help me choose an interface

Everything Phatty.
Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:57 am

I recommend RME for relatively-high-end interfaces. You can spend thousands more and get the very best in existence, but the RME A/D convertors are widely regarded as the best you can find in the less-than-ridiculously-expensive category. I personally use an RME multiface II and it sounds extremely nice.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:29 am

Amos wrote:I recommend RME for relatively-high-end interfaces. You can spend thousands more and get the very best in existence, but the RME A/D convertors are widely regarded as the best you can find in the less-than-ridiculously-expensive category. I personally use an RME multiface II and it sounds extremely nice.
For what it's worth, ditto on RME! Omitted it due to price, but I've been trying to save up for a Fireface 400 for a while now. Don't own one yet as I recently got the chance to upgrade to my monitors to HR824 mkii's instead for a crazy good deal, but that's my next move. :)

If you have a moment and happen to know, is there really any benefit to getting the Fireface 400 over the Multiface+Express Card (I'm using a laptop)? They're the same price basically, so I'm wondering if it'd make sense to cut out the cardbus middle-man.
www.ctrlshft.com

HB3

Post by HB3 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:19 pm

I am currently using a (drum roll please)....nine year old Layla 24! With a cardbus adaptor that is on the fritz, frequently dropping out with horrible pops and the occasional squeal, once blowing up my tweeters, once almost blowing up my ears. I swore after I finished my last album I would drop it off a cliff or something. But since my general experience with this stuff has been it's such an incredible pain in the ass to get everything to work right, I've been hesitant to replace it unless absolutely necessary....which it pretty much is at this point.