Show your track made with only the Phatty

Everything Phatty.
subtle

Show your track made with only the Phatty

Post by subtle » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:16 am

Ok so i decided to make a track this morning using the Phatty and some drum shots as the only source of sound.

http://www.subtleinc.net/hangovertrack.mp3

Everything is of course badly mixed and such as of yet, i just have to praise the Phatty for its sound, its so awesome that im going to take it with me to the grave.[/url]

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 am

That's Phatty drums?
Really nice!
And lovely track overall, great use of delays
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

subtle

Post by subtle » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Khoral wrote:That's Phatty drums?
Really nice!
And lovely track overall, great use of delays

Drums are samples though, doesnt seem possible to do a decent drum kit with the Phatty ;)

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Sure, that's how I'd do it too
I have some drum patches hanging round, need to get to sampling them for use too
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

batdown

Post by batdown » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:58 pm

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Khoral wrote: Drums are samples though, doesnt seem possible to do a decent drum kit with the Phatty ;)
You can get awesome kicks and sfx-one-hits out of it no problem. Snares and hats are even possible w/ a little work. The lack of a noise generator (not the mod destination) makes it harder, but you can still use the mod destination in order to coax the sounds out by modding stuff like the filter.
www.ctrlshft.com

theheater

Post by theheater » Thu May 07, 2009 4:35 pm

how are you getting that delayed sound? Im looking for new sounds but its difficult, if anyone has any pointers they would be much appreciated..

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:00 pm

theheater wrote:how are you getting that delayed sound? Im looking for new sounds but its difficult, if anyone has any pointers they would be much appreciated..
I use an EHX #1 Echo for delays. It sounds similar to the delay in this recording, but almost any delay will work if you can't afford the 104z. What kind of new sounds are you looking for? :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

darkartois

Post by darkartois » Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 am

nice to see someone busting out some house other than Wolfgang Gartner. You should try and get a vid on Youtube of yourself creating similar sounds. As a dance music producer torn between the LP and a Nord Lead 3 Youtube has little to offer in terms of basslines and great leads. More house/dub/electro artists need to get an LP, most, like myself, were unaware its perfectly suited to our genre's. I'm going to get some vids up ASAP =) Cool tune btw
www.myspace.com/darkartois