MY LP got seriously problem with USB and MIDI port

Everything Phatty.
howielee

MY LP got seriously problem with USB and MIDI port

Post by howielee » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:09 am

Hey there,my little phatty lost its communcation ports!neither MIDI nor USB doesn't work anymore!
I've searched the topics and I found sb. had the same stautus.
It said that:
"hi all... anyone experience menu items that disappear? I was trying to control the LP over USB (done it successfully many times in the recent past) and, after tonight having my laptop reject it (unrecognized), I tried to go into the MIDI setup menu to check on the USB/DIN stuff... but the menu item is not there... I only get All notes off, poly, local control, and Midi merge functions options...(I'm running OS2 on a Stage II) ... I know I've seen it before... tried a factory reset, and still not there... any ideas?? thanks a bunch, jgirv"
Could anybody help me about this?!!
Is that a bug have been fixed? Thanks a lot!!!

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 am

... hi, it's jgirv...

...yep, that was me. After calling Moog, the solution was to swap out the I/O o board that hold the MIDI/USB connections... it was literally 5 minutes to open the LP, and two minutes to swap out the board.

Like many electrical/electronic units, the LP is very sensitive to static shocks, and it may be possible that yours got zapped in some manner.

My was covered under warranty, and Moog shipped the part out immediately.

Call Moog tech support and see if your situation can be resolved without a hardware fix; you never know, they may have encountered this problem since, and found a way around. FWIW, my LP has worked flawlessly since.

best, jgirv

howielee

Post by howielee » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:04 pm

hi,jgirv,thank u so much for the details!
Are u in the states?I'm afraid 'cause I'm in China now.I've send a message to the moog TSD guy but nobody answer me.
I really need the MIDI function.Without it ,can not use the moog in studio!

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 pm

pm'd