Older OS Autotune Feature Missing?

Everything Phatty.
garagebandking41

Older OS Autotune Feature Missing?

Post by garagebandking41 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:59 am

Hey everyone, I'm a piggy back from the Rhodes forum and heard about this from some esteemed members. I just bought a tribute edition LP and love it. Awesome great sounds and incredibly addicting. Everything works great on it, but while I was going through the masters, I wanted to check out the autotune feature. I don't have one. Just on and off. I wave the manual, but it's for the SE so i'm thinking that the original TE might not have had that feature.

I'm running 1.02 right now. That's what it came with via ebay. Will an update give me the autotune feature or is there something i'm not aware of that may cause it not to be a selectable feature? Thanks in advance for any help!

I might just send it in to Moog to get the 145 upgrade with the arpeggiator and what not, but if I can do an OS update for free at home that would be much better for now. Any tips on how to do that? Thanks again.

-Michael

P.S. wonderful forum btw.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Welcome fellow gear head! As far as I know, OS 1.03 was the first OS to introduce AUTOTUNE. When I bought my Stage I, it came with 1.03B. So, I'd say you have a couple choices. 1)You can e-mail Amos for OS 1.04T and save some money, or 2)You can e-mail Amos for an RMA, send your LP back to North Carolina, and get ALL the available upgrades at once, so you'll be able to upgrade to 2.00 and beyond. :mrgreen:

BTW, to e-mail Amos, it's Amos[at]moogmusicD0tC0m
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Welcome to the forum GBK! Glad you finally made it.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:11 am

garagebandking41 :

i was unable to get 1.04T to load...tried a few diff apps (midiox, etc) it hung on the 2nd stage. no problem going back to 1.03Tc so doubtfuf it was my midi setup. Just one of those analog quirks no biggie i plan to do upgrade at some point also. 1.03Tc also has the Autotune feature in case 1.04T doesnt work for you until you upgrade.

Cheers ;)

DL

LPTE #585

garagebandking41

Post by garagebandking41 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanks! I'm looking for that version actually. But sadly, i'm such a noob that I still don't know how to exactly update an OS. I'm running a Macbook. Is there anyone out there who has a link they send me or something? I don't know what kind of interface I need, and being in the middle of no where, I don't think any of these local music shops know what a synth is.

I know there's something with software and hardware and then they combine. That's the extent of my computer knowledge. I desperately need to do a OS update too. I'm running 1.02c and it doesn't have the calibration settings either. My octaves are semitones apart for some reason now!

What do i need to do a OS update?

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I have one of those Edirol things, they are like 40 bucks. Its just a midi in and out cable with a box a a usb cord. I don't know if they work with Macs or not but something like that. THe M Audio UNO I think is another one for the interface of corse.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.