My Guitar Center Lunch hour.....with 2 Little Phatty's

Everything Phatty.
Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi, I have been too busy to call... but interestingly enough, a very helpful Guitar Center employee read this thread and took the initiative to make enquiries himself. He found out that one LP is up and running just fine (might have been an AC power issue there, who knows) and the other one apparently needs some sort of service and they are going to get it taken care of. These poor floor models, they're not always treated with respect by the general public...

So, there is currently a working LP on the floor at that GC, and we will sort out the second one ASAP.

Thanks, guys! Especially the helpful GC person...

-Amos

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Amos wrote:/snip/but interestingly enough, a very helpful Guitar Center employee/snip/ -Amos
That is interesting! Who would have guessed Guitar Center had very helpful employees? I'd like to meet this employee, if not just to ask why they are still working at Guitar Center. Obviously, this person deserves a raise or promotion. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:07 pm

I think there are forums and threads about how much GC sucks. I mean I went in there and saw DIRTY Fantom G's. I mean thats one of Roland's flagship units and the simulated ivory keys are supposed to be a new innovation (sweat absorbing and slip resistant) and there were several that looked like people got into a mud fight and came in and practiced chopsticks.

Its like a store where you are some status person by walking in there.....even though they are totally a catalog corporation. Im also angry because they are responsible for the local music stores closing and now Best Buy wants to sell instruments.

Please Moog, stay in business.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 pm

EricK wrote: /snip/and now Best Buy wants to sell instruments./snip/
Wouldn't THAT be the day when we walk into Best Buy and find a Little Phatty next to a Casio piano. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Joe

Hehe Roadworthy!

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:34 am

My little Phatty came from GC in the display box only and it works just fine. BTW I went into the Music dept? at Best Buy and people were dropping their young kids off while they shopped.. Horrible...Kids banging on the keys with their fist. No Moogs though. At least it mostly musicians at GC.
Little Phatty Stage II, CP-251, MF-102

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Nice subject line, Joe! :lol: Yeah, floor models always see the worst. What better way to show what's gig-worthy than a six year-old, though. :wink: