FREE CP 251: WHEN??

Everything Phatty.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:20 pm

christophe1966 wrote: hahaha :D you love me
Of course! :wink: We're all in this together, right?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

christophe1966

Post by christophe1966 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
christophe1966 wrote: hahaha :D you love me
Of course! :wink: We're all in this together, right?
for sure :wink:

Najati

Post by Najati » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 am

:D

I just love seeing everyone get along!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 am

Group hug! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

anna logic

Post by anna logic » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:13 pm

pardon my french, but from what i've been reading, i think christophe is right.

first i should apologize for enlisting only after i'd been looking for information on the cp251 delivery and ended up here. there's much more to moog ofcourse.

anyway, the cp251 may be a free gift, i did take it into account, and it helped me decide to buy both a moog voyager and a little phatty at the end of last year. and i'm pretty sure that was just how moog had intented it.
then there's the issue of information. i haven't checked back there the last few days, but a message on the moog site would be a good idea, or maybe an automated e-mail to all those who have applied for the free cp251 (assuming the applications have been registered in a pc as they came in?!)

i have checked here and apparently our national importer has no idea when and how the cp251's will be delivered, which i find a bit strange.

then, i read somewhere along this thread a comment that moog are awaiting supply of parts...... i resent the implication that it's someone else's fault. i guess moog haven't ordered their parts in time ?!

anyway, i spent a lot of money on 2 very nice synths at the end of last year, thinking i would receive 2 cp251's well within the period of 8 to 10 weeks. it's been 10 weeks now and i have not heard a thing.

may i suggest here, i would take one 104z instead of 2 cp251's ;-)

having said all that, i think the moog voyager is one of the best built synths around, clearly a lot of attention and care wen into designing and building it. the phatty is a wicked little beast that in my ears holds up better to the source, than the voyager to the mini. (is that proper english?)

greetings.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 pm

THa parts were backordered as per the date that Amos posted that. What do you want?

Im sure if you contacted them you might be able to substitute a 104 in place of the cp251.

You guys really need to be patient.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:01 pm

anna logic wrote: having said all that, i think the moog voyager is one of the best built synths around, clearly a lot of attention and care wen into designing and building it. the phatty is a wicked little beast that in my ears holds up better to the source, than the voyager to the mini. (is that proper english?)

greetings.
I know what you're saying, so it's close enough to proper English. Let me just clarify for my own understanding. :wink: The Little Phatty is the equal of the Source, just as the Voyager is the equal to the Mini? Or the LP sounds more like the Source than the Voyager sounds like a Mini?

anna logic

Post by anna logic » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:07 pm

that's what i tried to say, yes, and it's not just the sound - or maybe it is.

i love the old originals and the source in particular is one of my favourites. i feel the little phatty does a better job replacing the source, than the voyager does replacing the mini. at least, as far as i'm concerned. somehow playing the voyager leaves more to be wished in terms of reliving the minimoog experience, than playing the phatty, when it comes to the source.
maybe it's because of the overdriven character, that can be more easily achieved, even today.

as for the parts, i'm not sure what back-ordering means, sorry.
somehow, when giving this as an explanation, it leaves an impression of 'it's not our fault' whereas you might argue, that maybe moog should have anticipated the demand.

i know patience is a virtue, but so is keeping your word. (and in the case you can't, let people relying on you know about it.)
but that's just my opinion, i'd never dare to tell anyone else to be less or more patient. it's up to you. this is just how i feel.

Najati

Post by Najati » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Maybe it's just my concern about tempers rising that makes it seems like this thread might be headed in that direction, but I'll second the call for patience anyway.

Personally, I had made up the story that Moog just had a bunch of cp251's laying around that they wanted to get rid of so they did this offer. When I heard the parts to make the 251s were on back order, that story was largely invalidated and I became even more impressed with the offer.

Waiting for a new toy is never fun, especially when you feel like you've already paid for it, but after a couple calls to Moog (about other things) and a little poking around the forums it's pretty clear to me that as a company and as individuals Moog is very attentive to its customers. I'm certain that they're well aware of all the ideas mentioned in this thread (post on the website, post in here, email those waiting, etc) and are working to do the best they can to serve us.

So, yeah, I've been eagerly awaiting my cp251 for 15 weeks, but I recognize that giving Moog a hard time about it isn't going to make it arrive any faster. I suspect they're as excited about shipping them as we are about receiving them, so I'll just keep waiting and enjoy the toys I already have while I wait :D

/goes back to playing with his Little Phatty, B-MuRF and MP-201

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Back ordering,
Just like you are expectin your free cp251, they are expecting parts.

They probably order parts in extreme bulk with a price per many units. If the parts aren't available from the parts manufacturer then its really not their fault.

THe bottom line is that youll get your cp251 as soon as they can send it.. THey aren't roland, they are a small company and they are true to their word. Amos posted a few weeks ago that they were waiting for parts and going to send a postcard to let everyone know individually their status. Has roland ever done that?

So while I know that you are expecting a cp251, just try to enjoy yourself with what you have and as soon as you forget about it it will arrive.

I think its amazing that they can shell out stuff like that for free in an economy like this.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:41 pm

anna logic wrote: as for the parts, i'm not sure what back-ordering means, sorry.
somehow, when giving this as an explanation, it leaves an impression of 'it's not our fault' whereas you might argue, that maybe moog should have anticipated the demand.
What happened, I think, is that Moog ordered all the parts necessary for the demand. It was their suppliers that ultimately ran out of parts, therefore Moog couldn't build the required number of CP-251's. Whether they didn't have enough housings, wood end cheeks, knobs, jacks, all of the above, I dunno. But these are supplied by other companies.

If Company A supplies the jacks and pots, and Company B supplies the wood, and Company C supplies the housings, but Company B doesn't have enough wood to supply Moog, Moog has to wait for wood end cheeks. If Company C and Company B don't have enough of what Moog requires, the wait time could be even longer, because Moog now has to wait on TWO suppliers.

Let's say Company A had a mechanical breakdown in the factory. Now THEY have to wait on parts so they can fix the machine that makes the parts. It gets very complicated, very quickly. :shock:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:52 pm

And what if company B is waiting on wood to be cut, treated and shipped?
or
Company A is waiting on some more ore to fabricate the metal for the pots.

THen we can blame neither Moog, nor A or B company.

:lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

EricK wrote:And what if company B is waiting on wood to be cut, treated and shipped?
or
Company A is waiting on some more ore to fabricate the metal for the pots.

THen we can blame neither Moog, nor A or B company.

:lol:
That's exactly my point. :wink:

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 pm

... And it's worth noting that a company like Moog can't afford to keep a large inventory of parts and components that are unallocated to production. Too expensive and too risky.
A Perfect Vacuum: http://www.myspace.com/aperfectvacuum
The Plateau Phase: http://www.myspace.com/plateauphase

Najati

Post by Najati » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:25 am

Anyone else read any Thich Nhat Hanh? He talks a lot about a concept he calls "inter-being" :) I think if this thread maintains its current course we will discover all Buddhist truths all over again :wink:

/almost done for the night, lost in the blinking lights