Ideas for the Little Phatty Stage III?

Everything Phatty.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:23 pm

lovedroid wrote:Aftertouch!
+ a 2nd modulation slot to be able to use the aftertouch to anything... :)
+1 on that! Absofrigginlutely! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote:I'd like to see a DB-25 port added to the phatty and a VX-353?
Great idea, but I just wonder what such an addition would cost to implement. I'd pay for such a feature, but would anyone else? I'm thinking perhaps a seperate box with a USB interface that would do the same thing. The hardware exists; Moog would just need to make the VX-353. I like where this thread is headed! Glad I thought of it! :mrgreen:
i'm pretty sure the db-25 connector would be necessary in order to push out the volts. As far as cost for something like that, beats me, but it'd sure be cheaper than making 1/4 outs somewhere else on the phatty. the vx unit presumably would cost as much as the other vx units. might be over the top for the phatty product line since we're starting to get into voyager territory, but all the same i'd buy it... i've owned a voyager, and the phatty ended up being my choice after a lot of studio shifting.

Just another quick thought: Might be kind of cool to maybe make a single VX unit for the phatty that includes not only useful cv outs, but maybe additional cv INs for stuff.
www.ctrlshft.com

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:36 pm

I don't know if the USB port on the LP is passive or active. If it's active, the voltage is already there. If it's passive, then yes, a DB-25 connector would be needed. I'm just wondering how many beginners would pay for such a feature. Perhaps they could offer a field upgrade so everyone with a Stage could benefit? :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I don't know if the USB port on the LP is passive or active. If it's active, the voltage is already there. If it's passive, then yes, a DB-25 connector would be needed. I'm just wondering how many beginners would pay for such a feature. Perhaps they could offer a field upgrade so everyone with a Stage could benefit? :wink:
yeah i think the field upgrade part would be needed considering how many stage IIs would be out there by the time we get to stage IIIs.
www.ctrlshft.com

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:16 pm

lovedroid wrote:Aftertouch!
Velocity!
A Perfect Vacuum: http://www.myspace.com/aperfectvacuum
The Plateau Phase: http://www.myspace.com/plateauphase

Anna's Digit

Post by Anna's Digit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 pm

not a LPIII .....a straight forward analog synth , more knobs/switches , no gay softwares ,no ligthts or led's (just buy a lamp), just like in the good old days , software is for softies ,more cv/gate outputs , hand made on the US not CHINA ,plastic instead of rubber .....

Anyways .
:)
Who 'em i ? who are you ?
Born in 1987 .
http://www.myspace.com/donteatdinosaurs (8bit/lo-fi proyect)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Anna's Digit wrote:not a LPIII .....a straight forward analog synth , more knobs/switches , no gay softwares ,no ligthts or led's (just buy a lamp), just like in the good old days , software is for softies ,more cv/gate outputs , hand made on the US not CHINA ,plastic instead of rubber .....

Anyways .
Coming from someone saving up for a Stage II. :roll: You'd never be able to afford such an awesome beast, Anna's Digit! :lol: Besides, that was the point of the Old School. Plastic sides? Hmm...not as gig worthy as rubber, but a smoky acrylic side panel half an inch thick, or even a colored acrylic side panel half an inch thick would be a nifty thing. Frosted on the edge, perhaps. Interesting thought! :D

Anna's Digit

Post by Anna's Digit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 pm

the acrylic sides for the Moog Little Phatty Stage Edition III1/2 maybe ...

lol

Who 'em i ? who are you ?
Born in 1987 .
http://www.myspace.com/donteatdinosaurs (8bit/lo-fi proyect)

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 am

i really like the LP VX idea! and not so much polyphony but maybe duophonic? split one osc per voice? i think adding a sequencer would increase the price alot unless it was all software related, but it would be cool. or maybe a break out box to give access to all paramerters via knob control. kinda like the old programmer boxes from the 80s. i cant rember off hand exactly what synths used them, i know some rolands and maybe a sequencial circuits.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:39 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:i really like the LP VX idea! and not so much polyphony but maybe duophonic? split one osc per voice? i think adding a sequencer would increase the price alot unless it was all software related, but it would be cool. or maybe a break out box to give access to all paramerters via knob control. kinda like the old programmer boxes from the 80s. i cant rember off hand exactly what synths used them, i know some rolands and maybe a sequencial circuits.
Let me add something to this already awesome list. :D Duophony with a split keyboard and an option to turn off duophony. The breakout box is also an awesome idea! :mrgreen:

///OSS

Post by ///OSS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:56 pm

my 02. cents

the LP needs is more modulation destinations at menu level for FM etc. and an extra LFO that goes into audio frequency, it can be used as a modifier or a nice sub OSC that slaves or is free with saw, Sine, Tri, Square selector.

screw arps and step sequencers, Im sure enough people have computers now a days. The internal arp is too simplistic too compete with everything that's out there nowadays. might as well free up some software memory

it desperately needs more integration capabilities, like a CV GATE in and OUT that's actually 1v/OCT not that weird 0.936 or whatever it is that makes it track ugly and not wanna play with others. And a couple more physical modulation INs.

and if you wanna add frosting to it, make the filter have either a multimode for HP BP LP or better yet and what i would do is add a second Filter and turn the fuker stereo with Stereo inputs and outputs!!!! LFO routing to panning or stereo amplitude for gating and AM mangling to bring it into the 21st century..lol

you know how many people are going to pass their viruses thru it if its stereo analog filters? and trigger the ENV thru midi so they can have that warm analog feel to the VA world?

Bring it!

kill a few shermans and ebb and flutz in the process..lol
Little Phatty Stage #0042 - OS2.0 | CP-251 | MF-107 FreqBox | MF-102 Ring | MF-105B Bass MuRF

Christopher Winkels

Post by Christopher Winkels » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:27 am

Definitely a second LFO. Same modulation routings, but independent in terms of frequency, depth and waveform.

Oh, and independent control over PWM would be nice too. Having both oscillators locked together at all times is a bit annoying.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:49 pm

///OSS and Christopher W. have the right ideas. Now we're getting somewhere! :mrgreen:

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Voltor07 wrote:///OSS and Christopher W. have the right ideas. Now we're getting somewhere! :mrgreen:
problem is that those ideas more or less already exist, it's called the Voyager. :wink:
www.ctrlshft.com

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 am

CTRLSHFT wrote: problem is that those ideas more or less already exist, it's called the Voyager. :wink:
And therein lies the problem! The Voyager gets all the CV ins and outs, LFO's, routing configurations, etc, but to make up for all that, the LP gets an Overload button. :roll: Hardly seems fair. Some of the stuff mentioned could be implemented in software. The LP's LFO is already software-based, so they could add another one with little difficulty. I imagine the routings could be implemented with some degree of difficulty. However, even if the LP Stage III had all this, I'm sure it could be sold for about $1800 and offered while the Stage II was still in production.

IMHO, Moog was on the right track with the OS. All I'm asking for is a synth with the Voyager capabilities minus all those jacks, with the looks and sound of a Little Phatty Stage, and a cost on par with the Taurus pedals. Is that seriously too much to ask? :wink: