Octave Light

Everything Phatty.
Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:25 pm

T7 wrote:
Maskin wrote:
T7 wrote:Aside from the fact that one should expect first quality products when they pay for them, the LED and the LCD could be symptoms of a larger underlying problem. Play it safe. Get a replacement.
True, but I probably wouldn't send it back before the underlying problem occures. I guess that's just me. ;)
Crap is king? :lol:

I guess it's too much to ask for a defect free LP II. What was I thinking. :wink:
Haha! :P

As long as I can enjoy the instrument I'm fine with it.
I have SCI DrumTraks which after a gig with a MASSIVE soundsystem started to make a humming sound. I can work around it so I'm not really bothered by it. I could send it to a technician to fix the problem but I'm not interested in missing the instruments for a couple of weeks.

Like I said, I think it's just me. ;)
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Maskin wrote:
T7 wrote:
Maskin wrote:
T7 wrote:Aside from the fact that one should expect first quality products when they pay for them, the LED and the LCD could be symptoms of a larger underlying problem. Play it safe. Get a replacement.
True, but I probably wouldn't send it back before the underlying problem occures. I guess that's just me. ;)
Crap is king? :lol:

I guess it's too much to ask for a defect free LP II. What was I thinking. :wink:
Haha! :P

As long as I can enjoy the instrument I'm fine with it.
I have SCI DrumTraks which after a gig with a MASSIVE soundsystem started to make a humming sound. I can work around it so I'm not really bothered by it. I could send it to a technician to fix the problem but I'm not interested in missing the instruments for a couple of weeks.

Like I said, I think it's just me. ;)
Did the SCI DrumTraks arrive at your doorstep new in box right before the gig? :wink:

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Point taken! ;)

Just call tech support on monday. :)
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

LeRoi

Post by LeRoi » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:53 pm

What he said! 8)

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:15 pm

:) I am not saying there may or may not be a problem :). Some of the factory presets are saved as 1 oct up or down, if it is doing it on all then yes there may be a problem... if it is blinking on and off as you play then yes there maybe a problem. :0 If I've miss read somewhere, sorry :)

I am not near mine right now or manual, I don't recall there being a LCD Contrast adjustment in the menus, call tech support, it shouldn't be "that dark" :)

MoogLittlePhattySII wrote:I was playing with it, and noticed that the amber octave light when you go up one octave doesn't illuminate.
[/quote]

MoogLittlePhattySII

Post by MoogLittlePhattySII » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:29 pm

It doesn't flicker on and off while I play, but it will sometimes turn on when I go up/down an octave to it (the first octave above normal), and sometimes not.

Can dealers fix this kind of thing, or does it need to be sent back to the factory?

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Are you sure you are going up and down from a "normal" range preset ? Sounds a bit odd and I would call Moog Tech Support. To be sure though, go through, several presets in a row and set and save ( write down if you’d like where the octave setting where) as "normal" range ( no LEDs on) then go through those presets and try the octave up and octave down, do the LED's come on now ? Try it several times stepping through the ones you modified. If it works that the LEDs are not on( Normal range) when you chose the preset then are on when you octave up or down do I would say there is more than likely nothing wrong. Try it and see you can always still call Moog.

To be sure, remember you can go up or down two octaves (two button pushes ) from "normal" if a preset had been saved as two down it would take two pushes of the + button to reach "normal" with no LED's lite...

As for the dealer fixiing it, I would think no they can't. Unless they have an in house repair tech who has authorization from Moog to work on it. Call Moog :)