Octave Light

Everything Phatty.
MoogLittlePhattySII

Octave Light

Post by MoogLittlePhattySII » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:53 pm

I just got my LP Stage II today, and I was playing with it, and noticed that the amber octave light when you go up one octave doesn't illuminate. Does anyone else have this problem? Will I have to send it back to Moog to be replaced, or can I take it to the dealer here in town?
(ARGH)

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:56 pm

Now that you mention it, mine may have the same problem. I say this 'cause it struck me as strange that the octave lights were off when I first powered it up, and after a factory reset. I seem to recall all the other LPs I've played being up or down an octave by default. I'll check when I get a chance.

Your dealer should be willing to replace it. That said, I'm on my second LP with problems. At this point I'd really like Moog Music to ship me a new replacement direct.

P.S.

I'm not surprised the economy is tanking: I just received my third faulty replacement Eventide H8000FW yesterday from MF. The first one was crushed by UPS, the second one had a large scratch on the faceplate, and now this one gives me an "analog board failed" error when I boot it up. I haven't heard back from Eventide yet. It is the holidays, so...

And, to add insult to injury, I'm on my third Waldorf Blofeld with the lettering/paint litterally rubbing/flaking off. Fortunatley the US distributer is being kind enough to ship me a non-defective Blofeld direct.

...Wake up and do your jobs, people! :lol:
Last edited by T7 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoogLittlePhattySII

Post by MoogLittlePhattySII » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Update: it didn't work at first, but I powered down the LP for a bit, then came back to show it to my dad, and all of the sudden, it worked. Maybe it just stuck because it was the first time I used it. I'll check it again later today and report.

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:31 pm

MoogLittlePhattySII wrote:Update: it didn't work at first, but I powered down the LP for a bit, then came back to show it to my dad, and all of the sudden, it worked. Maybe it just stuck because it was the first time I used it. I'll check it again later today and report.
Glad to hear it.

MoogLittlePhattySII

Post by MoogLittlePhattySII » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:46 pm

So I checked again, and it seems to go on and off as I play, like there's a loose wire inside. I might have to take it over to the Moog dealer in town to ask them.
Anyone else have this problem?

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:56 pm

As long as it doesn't affect the sound it isn't really a reason to send it back is it? :)
Never heard of this problem before though..
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

MoogLittlePhattySII

Post by MoogLittlePhattySII » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Maskin wrote:As long as it doesn't affect the sound it isn't really a reason to send it back is it? :)
Never heard of this problem before though..
Well it's not a big problem, but it's annoying that I can't tell what octave I'm in sometimes.

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Maskin wrote:As long as it doesn't affect the sound it isn't really a reason to send it back is it? :)
Why should anyone settle for a defect like this on a brand new synth they paid good money for? :?

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:53 pm

T7 wrote:
Why should anyone settle for a defect like this on a brand new synth they paid good money for? :?
I would personally not go through all the hassle for a LED that isn't working properly.
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Maskin wrote:
T7 wrote:
I would personally not go through all the hassle for a LED that isn't working properly.
Aside from the fact that one should expect first quality products when they pay for them, the LED and the LCD could be symptoms of a larger underlying problem. Play it safe. Get a replacement.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:09 pm

What happens when you go up or down two octaves ? "Normal range" the LEDS are not on, it is only when you go up or down. In case you don't know the octave setting is stored as part of the patch. If it had been working fine and just strated doing this call tech support.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:14 pm

T7 wrote:Aside from the fact that one should expect first quality products when they pay for them, the LED and the LCD could be symptoms of a larger underlying problem. Play it safe. Get a replacement.
True, but I probably wouldn't send it back before the underlying problem occures. I guess that's just me. ;)

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Brian G wrote:What happens when you go up or down two octaves ? "Normal range" the LEDS are not on, it is only when you go up or down.
Could it be so obvious? :lol:

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Brian G wrote:"Normal range" the LEDS are not on, it is only when you go up or down.
MoogLittlePhattySII wrote:I was playing with it, and noticed that the amber octave light when you go up one octave doesn't illuminate.

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Maskin wrote:
T7 wrote:Aside from the fact that one should expect first quality products when they pay for them, the LED and the LCD could be symptoms of a larger underlying problem. Play it safe. Get a replacement.
True, but I probably wouldn't send it back before the underlying problem occures. I guess that's just me. ;)
Crap is king? :lol:

I guess it's too much to ask for a defect-free LP II. What was I thinking. :wink: