Weird LCD Behaviour

Everything Phatty.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:26 pm

It usually is. Perhaps they have too much on their plate right now, and let a few duds roll by? Seems awful unusual for Moog, though. :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

rachel

Post by rachel » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:49 pm

My LP TE had this problem with the LCD where it would become scrambled
after a few hours. it would change the patch preset names and they would
become nonsense, with the LCD actually looking corrupted. I didn't ever get
a solution to this - until we moved house. The power loop my Phatty is on now
is independent from the rest of the house. I got a 15 amp loop installed just for the
studio. And the Phatty's LCD has always worked correctly ever since.

So my suggestion is to try it on a different power source if possible, just to rule
out any interference or poor power distribution in your room. The Phatty appears
to be a bit sensitive to all that.

rachel

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:58 pm

:) Some people don't read the fine manual :)

As in, nope, there is no LCD contrast adjustment available in the LP menus. I RTFM before I post. ;)[/quote]

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:38 am

Brian G wrote::) Some people don't read the fine manual :)

As in, nope, there is no LCD contrast adjustment available in the LP menus. I RTFM before I post. ;)
Hehe.. :mrgreen:
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:46 am

This is quite worrying! I'm planning on picking my new LP up next week!
I hope I don't face any of the problems that you guys have been burdened with. I'm gonna request to take it out of the box and try it out before I take it from the retailer.
Fingers crossed

T7

Post by T7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:24 am

jamezdd73 wrote:I'm gonna request to take it out of the box and try it out before I take it from the retailer.
Good call. 8)

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:00 am

...what happens with my display is if I turn the patch selection knob quickly, sometimes the readout is missing a letter, or it is a different letter. Weird behaviour, indeed. doesn't seem to affect the rest of the instrument, and in my case, it's never more than one letter affected...

T7

Post by T7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Maskin wrote:I thought this stuff was tested before shipping..
I really wonder...Case in point: Today I finally reached support over at Eventide to address a failed analog board in my brand new H8000FW. I was able to fix it, thankfully. They had me open the case. Turns out they glued a ribbon cable in place in the disconnected position. They would have known this if they had powered the unit on for QC as it was displaying an error when it was booted up for the first time :!:

cmgroovy

Re:

Post by cmgroovy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:00 am

rachel wrote: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:49 pm My LP TE had this problem with the LCD where it would become scrambled
after a few hours. it would change the patch preset names and they would
become nonsense, with the LCD actually looking corrupted. I didn't ever get
a solution to this - until we moved house. The power loop my Phatty is on now
is independent from the rest of the house. I got a 15 amp loop installed just for the
studio. And the Phatty's LCD has always worked correctly ever since.

So my suggestion is to try it on a different power source if possible, just to rule
out any interference or poor power distribution in your room. The Phatty appears
to be a bit sensitive to all that.

rachel

I had the same problem too, sometimes the LP boot up completely normal, sometimes the words are scrambled, and the words on the display changes even if I turn on and off the 'OUTPUT ON/OFF' switch. I used to connect my LP TE with a normal IEC power cable, plus an IEC extension, after reading your post I took out the extension and connect with just one IEC power cable directly to the wall socket, after a couple switching on and off the unit, the display is completely normal again.