OS2.01 Tribute

Everything Phatty.
jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:21 am

I checked all my presets meanwhile with the new EGR MATRIX AUTO mode.

This check calmed me down a bit. The audible EGR scanner noise is reduced to minimal amounts with many presets in this mode, and then hardly audible. And for the remaining presets with low cutoffs (deep basses and the like) it is reduced to very short sizzle sounds, which do not nearly disturb as much as the continous sizzle flow while turning the knob in EGR MATRIX ON mode did before.

In EGR AUTO mode, pressing a button (attack, decay etc.) WHILE moving the EGR value knob is not as comfortably done with one hand as choosing the button and turning the value knob separately, but it is manageable.

I'm still disappointed that I did not receive the full upgrade, and still think that it should have been done exactly as written in my package letter from the start, without hesitating and misleading discussion, and at price maybe not equal, but at least remotely(!) comparable with that in the USA.

I close my LP case here, because I'm not enthusiastic about sending in the device a second time, paying a second considerable amount of money similar to the first, just for the lack of correct customer information and customer care in this case.

After the first disappointment with cool head I judge: it's just a lost chance, not a real desaster, so I try to make the best of what I got ...
(sighh...)

RL

Post by RL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:27 am

JIMKNOPF:
your behavior is a little strange for me. Why are you annoying the guys in the forum? As I told you you should contact EMC to fix that problem. You got no invoice till now and you didn't contact EMC, so if you want the replacement of the chips we can handle that. But please talk to us guys in Germany not to all guys in the world.
Rudi

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:22 am

Rudi,

I had to live with the information I got so far from EMC, you and Amos. I have not received a phone call or email opening new possibilities from any of you. I have not yet received the invoice, but an email naming the price for the upgrade as I received it so far.

It was here in this forum where I was confronted with new information, and with a wrong picture of the update process up to now. I will gladly return to you and phone you, which any of you could very well have done with your updated information the other way round. But I can't see anything strange about reacting here.

And as I already said in my last post, I have closed my point of discussion here in the forum.

dlearyus

1.04 ?

Post by dlearyus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:23 am

throw us a bone till we can do memory upgrade ;)

pls n thnx ;)

cheers

DL

LPTE #585

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 pm

The AEG auto is great, really better than ON or OFF !!
thanks for that upgrade.

dlearyus

OS v1.04

Post by dlearyus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:42 am

I notice ALL software for Tribute excepting the original factory patches have been removed from the product webpage. is this in preperation for OS v1.04 availability? I understand v2.0 is only available on a specific request basis to avoid dead Phattys, (good idea).

Cheers ;)

DL

LPTE #585

geoscience

Post by geoscience » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:29 pm

I noticed this as well. Amos mentioned several days ago that it would be up soon.

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:34 pm

rockin thnx fer the info....didnt see that one ;)

dave500

RMA

Post by dave500 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:32 pm

I have my RMA number to send my LPTE back for all the updates. :D I think I'll wait till after the Christmas rush.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron