No Local Control of Mod Wheel

Everything Phatty.
r05c03

No Local Control of Mod Wheel

Post by r05c03 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey. I am having minor problem with my LP. I usually sequence and control my LP with an Elektron Machine Drum, including mod wheel amount. However when I am not connected to the Machine Drum, it seems that I have not modulation control with the Mod Wheel. I have tried a Master Reboot with the MD off or disconnected, but I still get no response from the Mod Wheel, like I have no local control (but I do because I can play it, and get response from the other knobs, including the Pitch Wheel

In general what does the Mod Wheel Modulate, it does not seem to be assignable.

Thanks.

Ian
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

r05c03

Post by r05c03 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Can some one help me interpret this message that I got from Tech Support. I do not recognize the menus that they are referring to. My initial question was just as above

Tech Reply:
Go to the Edit Menu and select "Init Parameters." This will zero out the front panel and put you in default settings. Now try the pitch
wheel. Do you hear modulation?

You can also check pitch wheel voltages by going to "Software Version" in the master menu. Then hit "cursor" and the pitch wheel should read zero. You should be able to toggle the wheel between +127 and -128.

My Reply:
Hi, Just to be clear I was talking about the Mod Wheel, not the pitch
wheel. The pitch wheel seems to be fine. Does what you said in the email below apply to the Mod Wheel as well?

Tech Supply:
My first paragraph was written correctly. The second one will take you
to a screen that shows both wheel values, the difference being the Mod
Wheel should go from 0 to 255. For some reason, I started writing about
the Pitch Wheel. Apologies.
So basically I am not recognizing what menus they are talking about. I have restored factory presets and I still get no modulation from moving the actual Mod Wheel, but I still can actuate the Mod Wheel via my Machine Drum. Any ideas?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:28 pm

As far as I can tell, there is no EDIT menu. I have looked thoroughly through both the User's Manual and the Addendum for OS 2.00. I also played around looking for said EDIT menu on my own LP. In short, the EDIT menu does not exist.

I do recall a long time ago when I was running 1.03B before 2.00 was released a menu that allowed me to see the parameters tech support was talking to you about. I have not revisited these parameters since then, and would not know where to look, as the menu seems to have vanished.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

r05c03

Post by r05c03 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:39 am

Okay, cool, I thought I becoming dangerously mentally deficient....